Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hall of Fame player cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have found that I really like the multiplayer auto cards when they are done well. First off, they need to have a player photo. A lot of the newer and larger multis have no player photos. Those sticker dump cards and nice for bulk autos, but they are essentially "cuts" in my mind.

That Griffey/Thomas/Thome is especially nice. I would rather see Mariners/White Sox/Dodgers personally though, but how cool is that card for a White Sox fan especially. All three shown as White Sox would have been odd, but cool too. The quad is great too, but Hafner hurts it now. For a non-HOFer in that spot, give me Belle (Indians) and I'd be happy.

It's fun to go back and see those multi cards later, after some of the players have changed teams. I don't recall the specifics, but there was a triple where 1 player was a Dodger at the time and the others were not, but by the time all three retired, each had played for the Dodgers. Bonus for me!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I don't specifically collect HOF players per se, but have pocket collections of many of them, including most extensively Thomas & Carew. I collect autographs, so anyone making the HOF needs to be in the collection (if I can, some of the long deceased that get elected later make that tough). If there is a good chance the guy is going to be enshried, hopefully I already snagged one or more. I don't forsee any surprises through 2025, having nearly 100% of the eligibles already, minus a few long shots. I think Lincecum was the biggest name I saw that I don't believe I have already. The Veteran Committee is where you can get stung. Looks like a few from those categories potentially hitting ballots soon that I may need to track down before it is too late.

barongan

Aug 6, 2018
Interesting, I was just as desire not done yet
o.png

Members online

No members online now.