Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

$200K Jeter card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
When I looked at it earlier the bid was about $100K.. I saw this little notation..
The 2nd place bidder lost out by $100..

"This listing is restricted to pre-approved buyers only. Email the seller to be placed on that pre-approved list."

jeter-certified-gold-1.JPG

jeter-certified-bids.JPG

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Four thoughts...

1) Chee-rist. 4 bidders over $100,000.

2) That card MIGHT not be a trim job, but what are the odds? 0.1%?

3) You're selling a PSA10 Jeter Mirror Gold and you can't even throw in shipping? You're going to tack 6 more dollars onto the purchase price for what, a bubble mailer? WTF.

4) When are Brent and Betsy Huigens going to get pinched?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's no telling how high the winner bid, the max bid increment is $100. Underbidder surely thought he'd win, and if he won with all 2s it would have been fitting. When I saw people throwing a $100,000 figure I thought that would be crazy, but then I thought about the Brady and Trout cards that have hit 6 figures allegedly, and thought it might be low. Autograph or no, this pretty much solidifies the mirror golds as the preeminent 90s insert for baseball. I wonder if there will be a trickle down effect so that all cards will see an appreciation. I've never owned one, always wanted to get a Frank Thomas but those are out of my range already, but maybe just getting any one as an example of the type might be good. And then if 25 people have the same idea, prices start multiplying.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Four thoughts...

1) Chee-rist. 4 bidders over $100,000.

2) That card MIGHT not be a trim job, but what are the odds? 0.1%?

3) You're selling a PSA10 Jeter Mirror Gold and you can't even throw in shipping? You're going to tack 6 more dollars onto the purchase price for what, a bubble mailer? WTF.

4) When are Brent and Betsy Huigens going to get pinched?

99/100 times, these are templated listings, therefore shipping is in there and forgotten about when the listing happens.

Members online