User Tag List

Thread: Pete Alonso rookie record HR ball fetches HUGE price

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pete Alonso rookie record HR ball fetches HUGE price

Story is here on Alonso auction ball.

How much is too much for a ball like this? If you had the money; would you even be interested? I feel like baseballs like this are like driving off a new car lot. They become old news fast. I love alonso too but still. FIVE figures+

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $27,690 for a ball that represents a home run record that, one would suppose, is almost unbreakable? Even if the record is really narrow (rookie homers), I think it's actually a fair price for a unique item. Assuming the Alonso auto super rookie card is also in that range, I think I'd rather have the ball.

My question is if that is the one they essentially robbed that kid for?
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smapdi View Post
    $27,690 for a ball that represents a home run record that, one would suppose, is almost unbreakable? Even if the record is really narrow (rookie homers), I think it's actually a fair price for a unique item. Assuming the Alonso auto super rookie card is also in that range, I think I'd rather have the ball.

My question is if that is the one they essentially robbed that kid for?
    Good point; but I thought Judges 2017 was never going to be broken.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's true, that's how things go. Like that weird stat in one of the games the other day, pitchers with 12+ K and 0 BB in a playoff game. The only guy to ever do it was Tom Seaver 40 years ago, then both Gerritt Cole and one of the Rays pitchers did it within 3 days of each other. But I think 54 homers is hard enough, let alone as a rookie. So I'll go out on what I think is still a fairly sturdy limb and say it's close to unbreakable.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have