User Tag List

Thread: If Topps made a set similar to 1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Topps made a set similar to 1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars

If you were around during this time, you remember just how blazing hot this product was.

It was mainly fueled by the SP high number rookies (drew, glaus, etc).

If Topps made a set similar to this with 150 rookies at a rate of 8 per box, issued at the end of the season, do you think the hobby would care since they aren't autographed?

Odds wise, you would have to open nearly 20 boxes just to make the rookie set making each card pretty hard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't in the hobby in 1998, but my people have told me about this set since. I like it. If Topps printed something like this I guess it would probably sell.

But the only way I'd get behind it is if the deleted about 6 other sets at the same time...Five Star, Diamond Icons, Definitive, Luminaries, Museum, Tier One, Tribute, Triple Threads to name a few...
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just plain cards that are slightly SPd? Sounds like Heritage High Number. While the big names would be popular, they probably wouldn't be more than $5 unless the whole product was extremely short. That's what made Leaf R&S so hot, you couldn't walk into just any shop and buy as much as you wanted. And even then, a similar product today would suffer from not having all the value-adds and lottery cards.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have