Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Bowman Chrome X

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Atrocious product, complete money grab. That being said the people who buy these still might make money off of them because other people are dumber.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Haven't looked at where bidding is, or if you can see it, but I'm thinking about throwing a little money at it. From the etopps to Topps Now and Living Set, the first run on these things always take off in value for some reason. With a known print run, maybe that's minimized, but I would not be surprised in the least if boxes hit ebay selling for 2-3x purchase price. But it's probably better to just sit this one out.

But the product itself looks like total junk. They're including 9s? And the checklist is unexciting. Sure, Vlad and Eloy and Alonso are in there, but at this point in the year no one cares. Limiting it to prospects and a small number of logo RCs I think is a mistake. Wouldn't Trout, Bregman, Soto, or Acuna be better than, say, Jake Cave or Cal Quantrill? And no Yordan? Plus, green x-fractor is bottom of the barrel in terms of popularity aethetically.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Including PSA 9s is boggling. You're Topps...the f-ing card manufacturer. If you're sending these cards directly to PSA (or probably having graders come to their facility), then you should be able to print cards that grade out to 10 every damn time!

Spend a little money to improve your printing and cutting processes - it's 2019, for Pete's sake!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Including PSA 9s is boggling. You're Topps...the f-ing card manufacturer. If you're sending these cards directly to PSA (or probably having graders come to their facility), then you should be able to print cards that grade out to 10 every damn time!

Spend a little money to improve your printing and cutting processes - it's 2019, for Pete's sake!

IMG_9068.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

if they were all PSA 10 then PSA 10 wouldnt mean anything

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
To me the real fix is to do parallels

Super-X Fractor 1/1
Red-X Fractor /5
Orange-X Fractor /25
Gold-X Fractor /50

That would do it quite nicely. As it is this has no chase beyond player selection.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
if they were all PSA 10 then PSA 10 wouldnt mean anything

But I expect perfection from something hand-picked by the manufacturer to have graded. There will always be the standard pack/box damage, collector handling mistakes, and general printing/cutting flaws in the mass produced product. However, they're going to hand select cards to have graded before they leave the facility, so they should be able to tighten their production process and take extra time to make sure that these selected cards are perfect.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Anyone get them? For giggles I bit on a 5 box case at 18 each, didnt get one.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Given two options, I'd rather have a "meaningless" 10 than a 9.

Saw the first box opened on twitter, PSA 9 Ryan Rolison. For comps, his 2019 Super sold for $81, and a red sold for $18.51. Orange and golds are in the $10 range. Meanwhile, a PSA 10 Tatis is listed for $1750. Single boxes and cases are selling in the $100/box range, cases $110-120 per box, but not going very briskly. I'm guessing there are probably going to be less than half a dozen players sell for more than the clearing price of a box, but it's going to be the Wild West in singles pricing for the first couple weeks.

Members online