User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: November Night Crew - aka where the heII is @blanning ;)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct sir. I think hipster/yuppie infestations are a fairly widespread problem, but the Denver area is still a major hotspot.

I live in Lafayette, and our first brewpub opened in 2013. At the time I knew that meant we had reached a tipping point. Now we have no less than 9 brewpubs/distillieries/cideries in a city of 28,000. And the composition of people you see walking down the street is just different. Of course the chicks in their yoga pants are an upgrade in terms of scenery, but otherwise I can do without them. Their lifestyles are just one image-conscious affectation after another, and they offer nothing but self-absorption with zero self-awareness to go along with it.

When they decide to invade an area, I think overall the positive things they bring are greatly outweighed by the negative. Now we are getting 3-4 story yuppie hives being built on every street corner, just like Denver. Textbook gentrification.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    "bi the garage"

Yeah, SP used to do just a little bit of hipster bashing but nowadays they dedicate full episodes to it. (which I like)
    I sense their increased irritation is due to CO getting overrun by hipsters/SJW in recent years.. am I correct?
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Park is perhaps my favorite show, I won't commit to that but it's top 5. They are so quick to get current stuff on TV and the wit/humor is right up my alley, nothing is sacred and no one is safe. Make love not Warcraft, the Ninja weapons episode, The Mormon episode, which spawned the Broadway show, Butters bottom *****, the biggest crap feat. Bono, the imagination land trilogy...man bear pig. And in the past few seasons they transformed into an actual show with running story rather than just 22 minutes dedicated to making fun of one specific thing or person.
    Very few episodes that I don't love, they do incredible stuff. If you haven't watched the movie recently, watch it again... fantastic

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    You are correct sir. I think hipster/yuppie infestations are a fairly widespread problem, but the Denver area is still a major hotspot.

I live in Lafayette, and our first brewpub opened in 2013. At the time I knew that meant we had reached a tipping point. Now we have no less than 9 brewpubs/distillieries/cideries in a city of 28,000. And the composition of people you see walking down the street is just different. Of course the chicks in their yoga pants are an upgrade in terms of scenery, but otherwise I can do without them. Their lifestyles are just one image-conscious affectation after another, and they offer nothing but self-absorption with zero self-awareness to go along with it.

When they decide to invade an area, I think overall the positive things they bring are greatly outweighed by the negative. Now we are getting 3-4 story yuppie hives being built on every street corner, just like Denver. Textbook gentrification.

It sounds like that it one of the yuppiest areas around, yikes!! I'm not even sure what a brewpub is but I'm guessing its faux fanciness at a 700% markup? I suppose that's what the building in the South Park commercial was called...

Luckily my area isn't this way but I've had a few bizarre run ins with these douches.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    South Park is perhaps my favorite show, I won't commit to that but it's top 5. They are so quick to get current stuff on TV and the wit/humor is right up my alley, nothing is sacred and no one is safe. Make love not Warcraft, the Ninja weapons episode, The Mormon episode, which spawned the Broadway show, Butters bottom *****, the biggest crap feat. Bono, the imagination land trilogy...man bear pig. And in the past few seasons they transformed into an actual show with running story rather than just 22 minutes dedicated to making fun of one specific thing or person.
    Very few episodes that I don't love, they do incredible stuff. If you haven't watched the movie recently, watch it again... fantastic
    Yeah, I really think [MENTION=2375]finestkind[/MENTION] would enjoy the show.. I don't think he watches!?

I was just about to watch the "Broadway Bro Down" episode again. Amazing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What ? Watch's the show, Or TV.
    I'm Dave ! Dave's not here man.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question.....

What is a Chone Figgins, and how did it get placed on the HOF ballot??

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So much has been going on around here we haven't talked about how cheap these Astros are... I finally thought of a good punishment.

Go back to the NL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    What ? Watch's the show, Or TV.

I prefer to watch on computer, TV has too many commercials.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I really think [MENTION=2375]finestkind[/MENTION] would enjoy the show.. I don't think he watches!?

I was just about to watch the "Broadway Bro Down" episode again. Amazing.
    Between Randy writing a musical and the vegan kid with the water floated its all great.

The lady in white...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Between Randy writing a musical and the vegan kid with the water floated its all great.

The lady in white...
    I remember how surprising it was the first time seeing that episode. . . the bar scene where the guy explains the hidden world of Broadway and he can hear it while back at his seat.

Its almost similar to a lot of sci-fi plots about discovering a hidden system, but about BJs.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha! Good one sir. I have never gotten my head wrapped around Brewers in NL and Astros in AL. Just swap them back and be done with it.

So much has been going on around here we haven't talked about how cheap these Astros are... I finally thought of a good punishment.

Go back to the NL!!!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Haha! Good one sir. I have never gotten my head wrapped around Brewers in NL and Astros in AL. Just swap them back and be done with it.
    hmmm yes, good idea... I will use nostalgia as the reason I want them gone, not the fact that the Mariners were 1-18 against them last season.

They must have cracked certain teams code better than others, because the M's were bad but not THAT bad. They were 67-76 against everyone else. I can't think of any team that has gone 1-18 against an opponent.

And now, blast from the past..... what is this about me watching movies about men falling on bare asses in August? I vaguely* recall any of this.

I thought about saying barely here but changed my mind.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been in and out. I didn't see a Night Crew thread so I figured you guys were on vacation and taking a break. Hope everyone has been well. Its been busy here for me lately. Trying to get a house built for my parents, taking care of the in laws(that ain't easy) and some new schedules at work have had me all jacked up on time to be able to chat and hang with my homies here. Damn I want some beef jerky right now.
    I collect lots of things. Things that catch my eye. If you got what I need, please let me know

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blanning71 View Post
    Damn I want some beef jerky right now.
    Rough NoNutNovember? I'd just wait til Feb... shorter month and all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than all that, hope all is well man.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken Griffey Jr turns 50!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast