Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November Night Crew - aka where the heII is @blanning ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
If you were forced to select one of these "candidates" to the HOF, who would it be?

A) Heath Bell
B) JJ Putz
C) Chone Figgins
D) :benson:

and are they just adding shtty guys to make the B+ players get in?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Putz. Just for the name.

In other news, I picked up a 2000 Pacific Premiere Date #/37 for about $6 delivered. I love Pacific parallels. Mailday for those always results in a massive chub.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Went to see Doctor Sleep with the wife tonight, super disappointing, I know it’ll never be as good as the book, but they took all the emotion and good parts out of it, and completely changed the ending, it was an ok try...but I guess I shouldn’t have expected better

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
If you were forced to select one of these "candidates" to the HOF, who would it be?

A) Heath Bell
B) JJ Putz
C) Chone Figgins
D) :benson:

and are they just adding shtty guys to make the B+ players get in?

Doesn't everyone who meets certain service Tim requirements make the ballot? I thought that was the case but I'm not positive. None of those guys should get a vote, although putting a Putz in the hall would be amusing.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Doesn't everyone who meets certain service Tim requirements make the ballot? I thought that was the case but I'm not positive. None of those guys should get a vote, although putting a Putz in the hall would be amusing.

I'm not sure how it works, but the lists are getting more embarrassing IMHO. I mean come on, Heath Bell is a career 7 WAR player. :confused:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Service Tim requirements? You don't by chance collect a guy with that name do you?

The HOF says anyone who has played 10 seasons and has been retired 5 full years is eligible. So that criterion will let many guys on the ballot who will never get a vote.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Service Tim requirements? You don't by chance collect a guy with that name do you?

Perhaps he is the brother of Scott Service? Not to be confused with Scott Servais, which is pronounced the same. I'm pretty sure fake players like Tim Service have more WAR than these clowns. ;)

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Perhaps he is the brother of Scott Service? Not to be confused with Scott Servais, which is pronounced the same. I'm pretty sure fake players like Tim Service have more WAR than these clowns. ;)

I’ll give you some Scott service...cuz my name is Scott...nevermind....

We rented the live action, or is it CGI, Lion King to watch with the kid tonight, it was ok, but they got rid of a bunch of the funniest parts from the animated one

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Well I just ate a crap load of Wendy's at 1am, that will certainly ensure I sleep well...
Grandal with the chisox, abreu signed an extension plus all the young kids, I think they could challenge to win the central. Cleveland is down, KC and Detroit are jokes and as much as I like the twins roster, they over performed.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well I just ate a crap load of Wendy's at 1am, that will certainly ensure I sleep well...
Grandal with the chisox, abreu signed an extension plus all the young kids, I think they could challenge to win the central. Cleveland is down, KC and Detroit are jokes and as much as I like the twins roster, they over performed.

I thought Narvaez was about as good of a catcher and 4-5 years younger when they traded him than Grandal (with club control too) so it seems this team is pricing themselves out of future action.. maybe bad planning, but in that current division you might be right.

I’ll give you some Scott service...cuz my name is Scott...nevermind....

We rented the live action, or is it CGI, Lion King to watch with the kid tonight, it was ok, but they got rid of a bunch of the funniest parts from the animated one

I am keeping my eye on some of these CGI reboots, but they all seem to be in the grey zone so far. (not good enough to be good, not bad enough to be funny) Although I am hearing the Aladdin one might be trash enough for some unintentional humor.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
My Taco Del Mar satellite locator appears broken at the moment, can I assume by this previous transmission that non exist in your area? :p

Taco Bell is about the only option for fast food "mexican food" in most areas of New England, maybe in some of the larger places like Boston and Hartford.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Taco Bell is about the only option for fast food "mexican food" in most areas of New England, maybe in some of the larger places like Boston and Hartford.

Chris Thrillmore is not pleased.

1ypyrl.jpg

:lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Evan White signed a long term deal recently, who here was a fan again?

As teams start to get thrifty in free agency this will be the next big way some teams will piss away tons of money. White made a great move, deals like this are great for the player, it will give them more serious consideration in spring training and a clear path to the show. Teams will start to lose big on some of these deals when "can't miss" guys start to miss. I suppose it's a smaller gamble than $100 mil on a 30 yr old guy but somehow it still seems riskier to me.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well boys....one of my white whales appeared on ebay recently. Not Moby Dick himself, but one of his underbosses. And it's kinda mis-listed. Can't say what it is, and there's a bit more time until the auction ends, but hooo-weee. Never seen one before. Wish me luck.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well boys....one of my white whales appeared on ebay recently. Not Moby Dick himself, but one of his underbosses. And it's kinda mis-listed. Can't say what it is, and there's a bit more time until the auction ends, but hooo-weee. Never seen one before. Wish me luck.

Hmm, sounds like I need to shill bid all the Alomars tonight. :lol:

All aboooooaaard the shill train!! chugga chugga chooo choooooo!!!!!!!

skap9.jpg

Members online