Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

November Night Crew - aka where the heII is @blanning ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As teams start to get thrifty in free agency this will be the next big way some teams will piss away tons of money. White made a great move, deals like this are great for the player, it will give them more serious consideration in spring training and a clear path to the show. Teams will start to lose big on some of these deals when "can't miss" guys start to miss. I suppose it's a smaller gamble than $100 mil on a 30 yr old guy but somehow it still seems riskier to me.

The key to this particular deal seems to be that the big money is in the team options which they wont pay unless he's awesome. I think this one favors the team slightly since his main value is defense which should project consistently better than all or nothing power hitters. If he gets something like 0.5 Owar and 1.0Dwar per season that might already be worth 4mil these days, idk.

On the flip side, "bats right + throws left" players are an ungodly crime against humanity. Throw garlic at this *******! :)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm seeing that in 2016 the Mariners payed 8mil to Adam Lind for a -0.3 WAR season at first base, and then the next year payed 5.5mil to Danny Valencia for a 1.1 WAR first base. 4mil to this guy seems cheap.

Anything but Vogelbach at first next year, those D-cups are needed at DH . . . and in the locker room.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Don't you dare! Not funny! I keeeeel you, I keeeeeeeel you!!!

Hmm, sounds like I need to shill bid all the Alomars tonight. :lol:

All aboooooaaard the shill train!! chugga chugga chooo choooooo!!!!!!!

skap9.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Luckily for you I was digging through my junk earlier and found a bottle of wine, so I'm chilling out and kind of too stupid to shill bid the correct Alomar. :|

Why did I stop drinking wine again? did it negatively affect my behavior?? ;)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Whew. Thanks.

I've noticed that with wine, if I drink more than a couple glasses, I tend to wake up in the middle of the night with that acid reflux feeling. I still like wine though. Getting old sucks.

Luckily for you I was digging through my junk earlier and found a bottle of wine, so I'm chilling out and kind of too stupid to shill bid the correct Alomar. :|

Why did I stop drinking wine again? did it negatively affect my behavior?? ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I've been buying so many high priced Alomar and Wakefield cards lately it looks like the orphanage wont be getting its Haste sponsored Thanksgiving dinner this year. ;)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You suck! Tiny Tim won't get his gruel because you are shilling me and Stanwood. Shame on you, shame, shame.

I've been buying so many high priced Alomar and Wakefield cards lately it looks like the orphanage wont be getting its Haste sponsored Thanksgiving dinner this year. ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
No, that was in Panini Prizm. **** Drops is the tek parallel.

:lol:

ah, so I'm guessing most of the gruel and **** is on the helmet area to hide the logo.

In other the news the Mariners say they are signing a lower tier starter very soon. The way they tried to downplay how shtty it is makes me think Fred Fred Porcello is on the way after all. :confused:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm finishing yesterdays wine and thinking about buying myself an early Christmas present. . . .of course saying what it is would certainly summon a countershill attack by you two. :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Over time I've gotten the distinct impression that you have serious issues with Porcello. What's your beef?

I pulled one of his /5 red refractors back in the day, so I pretend he is Walter Johnson, as a parody of the guys who shill the player they collect to pump n dump (of course they have thousands of cards they're selling) but then amusing things started to happen to him post pulling his card, the kind of bizzarities I enjoy. So I genuinely like FredFred... never hated FredFred.

Strange things happening to him include:

1. 1 IP 10R 0ER game. Wowzer.
2. Somehow pulling off an advanced MMA hip sweep in fight with Kevin Youkilis.
3. Winning a CY award while clearly being worse than Verlander. Pissing off D2R in the process.
4. Looking like you've had a lobotomy in every picture taken, regardless of angle. Important for meme connoisseur such as myself.
5. Having both your first and middle name be Fred. (Fredrick Alfred)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I keeeeeeeeeel you!!!

If you want a slice of what I collect, I see a book from the 1930s for $15 that I payed $50+ for last year. I promised myself no more duplicates so I wont buy it, but you can. If its in better condition than mine you shall have all my jealousy and rage. :p

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I have to youtube that fight with Youkilis.

Didn't know his real name was Fred Fred. I'd go by Rick too.

I remember that 1 IP game with the ridiculous run totals. Baseball is the greatest.

Members online

Latest posts