User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: November Night Crew - aka where the heII is @blanning ;)

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Thanksgiving from the East coast. I worked til nearly 1am Thursday morning. Im going to sleep a bit, then hit the gym and go back to work for 2pmish, we open the doors at 5pm. My wife and daughter are heading to her aunt and uncle's for the feast.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all. Happy Turkey Lurkey day. I'm actually not doing anything much today, oddly enough. Get-togethers with friends and family yesterday, Friday, and Saturday, but just chilling at home today. And it's awesome.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm not doing much either. Just resting and whatnot. If I were some kind of patient person I would have saved that summer tea or even the wine for today... but alas, no.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy hell, I'm spent. Worked 4p-1a, it was the usual insanity. Back in at 9 am Friday for another dose of it. People seemed much needier than years past. I'm gonna slam a scotch and soda and sleep as.much as I can...deuces

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Holy hell, I'm spent. Worked 4p-1a, it was the usual insanity. Back in at 9 am Friday for another dose of it. People seemed much needier than years past. I'm gonna slam a scotch and soda and sleep as.much as I can...deuces
    You were working the trenches of Black Friday insanity and survived?

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my 12th holiday season at Target, it's always a lot of extra time and more hustle but I've never actually been part of anything to crazy. I saw one of my.workers get kicked in the shin about ten years ago, but that was the worst thing and it didn't even bruise.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my 12th holiday season at Target, it's always a lot of extra time and more hustle but I've never actually been part of anything to crazy. I saw one of my.workers get kicked in the shin about ten years ago, but that was the worst thing and it didn't even bruise.
    That must be a rough time. I can't stand crowded areas, anyone who plays too much chess/tetris/Advance Wars (or any similar games) will have moments where they see a way to clear a path my moving pieces.... but then realize the old people are not moveable pieces.

I would almost rather have it a mosh pit like you see on tv, where you can just punch your way to the other side. Never seen it that bad though, only seen it with btchy slow people grabbin too much.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gentlemen, I have made an important scientific discovery. It appears that Nov. has only 30 days now, instead of the intended 31. I shall make arrangements to build Dec. NC a day earlier.

-Haste (commissioner of time and space)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey Stan Wood, what do you think of this trade option?

https://sodomojo.com/2019/11/29/seat...-3-team-trade/

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    hey Stan Wood, what do you think of this trade option?

https://sodomojo.com/2019/11/29/seat...-3-team-trade/
    It's certainly not awful, and from other things I read closer to the top end of what they might get if they do trade him, but both Maeda and Haniger are injury time bombs. There's certainly a few scenarios where they stay healthy and it would work out very well though. If I was running the show I'm not sure that would be the deal to make me pull the trigger though.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's certainly not awful, and from other things I read closer to the top end of what they might get if they do trade him, but both Maeda and Haniger are injury time bombs. There's certainly a few scenarios where they stay healthy and it would work out very well though. If I was running the show I'm not sure that would be the deal to make me pull the trigger though.
    Yeah, the Sox side might need a bit more in that one. Maeda is certainly injury prone but I think Haniger is just unlucky. He had DL stints from a ball hitting his face and breaking his jaw or something then the next year he fouled a ball off his testicle and break in half.

I guess something worse than being injury prone is if he broke the nut to the point it doesn't produce testosterone, which MLB might not give a drug exception.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't argue that it seems to be dumb luck, but consistent dumb luck is perhaps more frustrating than simply being made if glass

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose the only reason Schlongcarlo "Mr Glass" Stanton hasn't fouled a ball off his nuts yet is he strikes out too much to make that kind of contact. That or the steroids.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678