Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Get Ready! eBay Auctions are Coming to COMC!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaxPax

Just got this notification, just another reason to not sell directly on ebay anymore….let them deal with the scammers, buyer’s remorse, shipping hassles and Nonpaying bidders….….

visqtJsl.png

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Just got this notification, just another reason to not sell directly on ebay anymore….let them deal with the scammers, buyer’s remorse, shipping hassles and Nonpaying bidders….….

visqtJsl.png

Is selling on Ebay getting that bad now? Where do you sell if not on Ebay?

WaxPax

I stopped selling on Ebay about 3 years ago and have been exclusively with COMC since. I'm lucky that I never had any big selling issues before I got out, but if you read enough on here, you will see the points I mentioned above are real factors to consider when deciding where to sell. I like the convenience of sending out one box (to COMC) and have someone else list, sell and deal with all the nonsense of Ebay......

Is selling on Ebay getting that bad now? Where do you sell if not on Ebay?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
I stopped selling on Ebay about 3 years ago and have been exclusively with COMC since. I'm lucky that I never had any big selling issues before I got out, but if you read enough on here, you will see the points I mentioned above are real factors to consider when deciding where to sell. I like the convenience of sending out one box (to COMC) and have someone else list, sell and deal with all the nonsense of Ebay......

Was going to post a question about comc. How do you like using them? What type of cards do you send in and how many do you have with them? Are you selling more cards using them rather the on ebay? Are you able to link your sales page on here?

Last edited:

WaxPax

Please see responses below in red....

Was going to post a question about comc. How do you like using them?

As I said, I've been using for nearly 3 years and haven't gone back.... I enjoy the convenience of only having to send out one box

What type of cards do you send in and how many do you have with them?

I usually will only send in demand players, parallels and auto's, at the moment I have about 1K with them....

Are you selling more cards using them rather the on ebay?

Hard to say, but I don't have to worry about a chargeback if I sell a prospect card for top dollar and then the guy flops....

Are you able to link your sales page on here?

See my link below the Syndergaard/Ryan card in my sig....

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
The main cards I buy and sell on COMC are in the $1-5 range, so I'm a bit indifferent. I'd rather buy or sell a card for $2 on COMC than on EBAY for $1 and then deal with the $4 shipping. This might be a good idea for rare expensive cards though. Instead of everything getting flipped for cheap and then repriced at 5 times what it would sell for while collecting dust, the original seller would get way more money for their card and nobody would have to deal with these cards constantly being held hostage.

Last edited:

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Im thinking of doing this with some basketball stuff I have.

Did I miss a launch date for this?

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
Please see responses below in red....

just wanna make sure you are fully aware that you most certainly are open to returns and chargebacks as comc tries to thwart this trimming epidemic that has transpired.

i know nothing in regards to how this will effect these upcoming ebay auctions, but it most certainly seems like they are doing it solely to blowout a ton of trimmed inventory.

but back to my original thought, current customers have 30 days from the time they have purchased it or have received said card in hand to obtain a 100% refund. Should this happen, sellers will get docked the selling price and the card entered back into your inventory. obviously this creates a nightmare for all legit sellers because whats to stop the unscrupoulous buyers from purchasing solely to cherry pick or return “other” cards.

the only instance i am aware that a chargeback is not applicable is if the buyer attempts to immediately flip the card on comc.

the water has got just as murky as ebay.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I just got an email about the auctions. They supposedly start on December 29th which just happens to be 2 days after my next batch is due. Apparently though, there might be a $3.50 transaction fee for every card sold via auction. So if a card sold for $5, the seller would only get $1.50. There's really no point in doing auctions for cards expected to sell under $10. Like I said before, it would be ideal for rare expensive cards.

WaxPax

I wouldn't sell any cards on eBay for less than $10 or $15 as it wouldn't be worth my time for anything less than that.

Clearly for cheaper cards COMC regular platform is still the way to go...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
It sounds like the minimum $3.50 fee does indeed apply to all cards sold via auction. So if your card sells for $0.99 to $3.49 via auction, you're actually losing money. Why not just have them start the bids at $3.50 if that was the case? Or better yet, just have them apply the usual 30 cent fee per listing.

Members online