Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Selling a large memorabilia collection - suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm helping a musician friend sell a bunch of high end signed memorabilia. Obviously eBay is an option but I'm drawn towards sending it off to an auction house. Any suggestions and/or auction houses you prefer to work with?

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
I agree with the auction house route.

I’ve never consigned anywhere, but I’ve bought from Huggins and Scott and Robert Edward Auctions.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
What kind of items? Music memorabilia or sports? And any specific examples/price ranges etc? I’ve worked with a few and they have their strengths and weaknesses.

Also how soon does he want/need the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

raddison1972

Jan 4, 2013
Pearland, Texas
I've used Mile High Card Company to sell some of my old baseball cards. They were professional and did a good job. They do have memorabilia in their auctions but mainly it's cards. So, not sure they specialize on that part of the hobby. I'd do some research and don't forget to reach directly out to them and talk. You can get a feel if they're professionals or not by talking on the phone and asking simple questions about the process. Good luck, hope you make some dough!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'm helping a musician friend sell a bunch of high end signed memorabilia. Obviously eBay is an option but I'm drawn towards sending it off to an auction house. Any suggestions and/or auction houses you prefer to work with?

Does he happen to be selling any Ernie Ball EVH Music Man guitars?

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
What kind of items? Music memorabilia or sports? And any specific examples/price ranges etc? I’ve worked with a few and they have their strengths and weaknesses.

Also how soon does he want/need the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Team signed Bulls basketball with Jordan, Pippen, etc. Several jerseys. Some really high quality stuff. Seems to be mostly basketball and football.

I'm helping sell all the trading cards (most are going to COMC).

Timing, I think we're realistic about it. In the next 3-6 months would be great.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Team signed Bulls basketball with Jordan, Pippen, etc. Several jerseys. Some really high quality stuff. Seems to be mostly basketball and football.

I'm helping sell all the trading cards (most are going to COMC).

Timing, I think we're realistic about it. In the next 3-6 months would be great.

I'm more familiar with baseball than basketball, but I would start by reaching out to Robert Edward Auctions, Goldin, SCP, Lelands and Heritage.

You can send them pictures of the items. If they really are super high-end ask them how they will be featured. For example Goldin sometimes has a small live auction along with their larger auction. You'll want it included there. For Heritage they similarly often split their auctions to 2 separate days. You'd want a similar request.

Ask them what their fees on as well, and see where they fall out. On this point, feel free to pm me for a little more info.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm more familiar with baseball than basketball, but I would start by reaching out to Robert Edward Auctions, Goldin, SCP, Lelands and Heritage.

You can send them pictures of the items. If they really are super high-end ask them how they will be featured. For example Goldin sometimes has a small live auction along with their larger auction. You'll want it included there. For Heritage they similarly often split their auctions to 2 separate days. You'd want a similar request.

Ask them what their fees on as well, and see where they fall out. On this point, feel free to pm me for a little more info.

Great suggestions, THANK YOU!

Members online