User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Selling a large memorabilia collection - suggestions?

  1. #1
    Senior Member theplasticman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,735
     theplasticman
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Selling a large memorabilia collection - suggestions?

    I'm helping a musician friend sell a bunch of high end signed memorabilia. Obviously eBay is an option but I'm drawn towards sending it off to an auction house. Any suggestions and/or auction houses you prefer to work with?
    COMC listings: theplasticman


  2. #2
    Senior Member linuxabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,068
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the auction house route.

    Iíve never consigned anywhere, but Iíve bought from Huggins and Scott and Robert Edward Auctions.

  3. #3
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,347
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of items? Music memorabilia or sports? And any specific examples/price ranges etc? Iíve worked with a few and they have their strengths and weaknesses.

    Also how soon does he want/need the money?


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pearland, Texas
    Posts
    58
     raddison1972
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Mile High Card Company to sell some of my old baseball cards. They were professional and did a good job. They do have memorabilia in their auctions but mainly it's cards. So, not sure they specialize on that part of the hobby. I'd do some research and don't forget to reach directly out to them and talk. You can get a feel if they're professionals or not by talking on the phone and asking simple questions about the process. Good luck, hope you make some dough!

  5. #5
    Member Letch77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    777
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplasticman View Post
    I'm helping a musician friend sell a bunch of high end signed memorabilia. Obviously eBay is an option but I'm drawn towards sending it off to an auction house. Any suggestions and/or auction houses you prefer to work with?
    Does he happen to be selling any Ernie Ball EVH Music Man guitars?
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

  6. #6
    Senior Member theplasticman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,735
     theplasticman
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    What kind of items? Music memorabilia or sports? And any specific examples/price ranges etc? I’ve worked with a few and they have their strengths and weaknesses.

    Also how soon does he want/need the money?


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Team signed Bulls basketball with Jordan, Pippen, etc. Several jerseys. Some really high quality stuff. Seems to be mostly basketball and football.

    I'm helping sell all the trading cards (most are going to COMC).

    Timing, I think we're realistic about it. In the next 3-6 months would be great.
    COMC listings: theplasticman


  7. #7
    Senior Member theplasticman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,735
     theplasticman
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Does he happen to be selling any Ernie Ball EVH Music Man guitars?
    I dont remember seeing that
    COMC listings: theplasticman


  8. #8
    Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
    Topnotchsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,347
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theplasticman View Post
    Team signed Bulls basketball with Jordan, Pippen, etc. Several jerseys. Some really high quality stuff. Seems to be mostly basketball and football.

    I'm helping sell all the trading cards (most are going to COMC).

    Timing, I think we're realistic about it. In the next 3-6 months would be great.
    I'm more familiar with baseball than basketball, but I would start by reaching out to Robert Edward Auctions, Goldin, SCP, Lelands and Heritage.

    You can send them pictures of the items. If they really are super high-end ask them how they will be featured. For example Goldin sometimes has a small live auction along with their larger auction. You'll want it included there. For Heritage they similarly often split their auctions to 2 separate days. You'd want a similar request.

    Ask them what their fees on as well, and see where they fall out. On this point, feel free to pm me for a little more info.

  9. #9
    Senior Member theplasticman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,735
     theplasticman
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    I'm more familiar with baseball than basketball, but I would start by reaching out to Robert Edward Auctions, Goldin, SCP, Lelands and Heritage.

    You can send them pictures of the items. If they really are super high-end ask them how they will be featured. For example Goldin sometimes has a small live auction along with their larger auction. You'll want it included there. For Heritage they similarly often split their auctions to 2 separate days. You'd want a similar request.

    Ask them what their fees on as well, and see where they fall out. On this point, feel free to pm me for a little more info.
    Great suggestions, THANK YOU!
    COMC listings: theplasticman


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •