User Tag List

Thread: 2000 Aurora Printing Plates, Fake?

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Aurora Printing Plates, Fake?

I'm guessing all these Aurora printing plates that were sold are fake? I can't find any info on them and they are not on my checklist, anyone know for sure? I bought the Lofton in a hurry and now I'm second guessing this. I know there were some other 90's Pacific inserts that are fake.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KENNY-LOFTO...rdt=true&rt=nc
    Last edited by caster513; 11-16-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Buying Rare Autograph's & Insert's of Kenny Lofton.

Website (work in progress): https://kennylofton.weebly.com/

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately I believe that has been the consensus yes. Most of them seemed to have originated from one or two sellers within the last 8 years or so. If they weren’t advertised as being packed out I’d stay away. Don’t buy the “back doored” story

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response, I did some more digging a found a thread on BO about this seller nyccardvault and apparently he has been scamming people for years, Ill be sending the Lofton back.
    Buying Rare Autograph's & Insert's of Kenny Lofton.

Website (work in progress): https://kennylofton.weebly.com/

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a problem with 2000 Aurora specifically or is this common throughout many Pacific offerings?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a ton of phony Pacific plates out there. Fronts/backs, multiple years/brands that never had plates distributed that came flooding out. There was discussion here FCB awhile back about these can be made with some tips on how to spot the fakes (things like the plate showing areas of multiple colors and where the card would actually contain foil and not actual print, etc.)

Do you have the Lofton in hand OP? I’m guessing there’s nothing on the back of the plate? Anyhow, pretty sure someone targeted Pacific simply because they were out of business by then so I’ve always felt it safest to stay away if they weren’t released in packs

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a legitimate Pacific plate. One of the more obvious issues is that after-printing features like foil, etching, and embossing can be seen in the "plate". Those artifacts shouldn't exist in a real printing plate given they would be added to the card post-lithography.

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faker than a stripper's tits.

Same seller now has a bunch of Ted Williams Card Co. plates up. Another seller, cardmax (or something like that) who is the other main vendor of these fake plates goes as far as selling early 80's Pacific Legends plates and Conlon Collection plates. All garbage. Some have gone for good money, so they'll never stop selling these things.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042