Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can someone please tell EBAY this 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe fad is stupid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Just cause I look at 90s Fleer inserts regularly doesn't mean I have any interest in seeing 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe cards for the prices of $7,357,410.01, $75,000, and $369,369,00 constantly on my EBAY homepage. I really don't get what EBAY is trying to prove by "recommending" these or if they're just trolling, but it isn't funny and never has been.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I'm talking about the homepage. The first thing mentioned are my watched items. Fair enough. But right under that is Fleer baseball cards "recommended for you". And then all these Jose Uribe cards are showcased. It's bad enough that they think I would want the card to begin with, but then they list examples where guys want thousands to millions for a card that would sell for 10 cents. This would be the ideal April Fools joke. But when these same cards keep appearing on the homepage for months, it makes me wonder what the freaking purpose is.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Can someone please tell EBAY this 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe fad is stupid.
I really don't get what EBAY is trying to prove by recommending these.
Why are you telling us to tell eBay when you can do it yourself?
And eBay is not trying to "prove" anything. It's just part of their algorithm based on search results.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It mostly exists due to nostalgia. I remember the Fall of '90 riding bikes with my friends to the LCS and staring longingly through the window. You could buy a pack of Fleer for $1.50, singles of Ripken or Canseco for $5, or a Uribe for $7,357,410.01.

Simpler times fellas... simpler times.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
It mostly exists due to nostalgia. I remember the Fall of '90 riding bikes with my friends to the LCS and staring longingly through the window. You could buy a pack of Fleer for $1.50, singles of Ripken or Canseco for $5, or a Uribe for $7,357,410.01.

Simpler times fellas... simpler times.

LOLOLOLOL

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What I want to know if this...are there real, confirmable sales of this card for more than 25 cents AND, if so...how can I reach these people? I got some stuff to cut some serious deals on!

Members online