Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I know the seller had to be upset.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autocut

I bought a magazine signed by Toni Stone (1 of 3 women in ***** Leagues), Reggie Jackson, Ernie Banks, and Jose Canseco on the cover. The description at the auction house said 5 autographs, but I only saw 4 on the cover. Those are the only names listed. Got the magazine a couple of days ago with 4 autographs. Turned to the first page and there was the 5th autograph.... Mark McGwire. Was a nice surprise.

49105268611_b0ea553e40_k.jpg
49104760218_cb4aa71fa2_k.jpg

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe they didn't know who it was and didn't bother to do the research. Would it have added a lot more value to the peice? Maybe not, but perhaps a bit more uncommon than the other signatures (although not familiar with Stone).

autocut

Toni Stone was 1 of 3 women in the ***** Leagues. She was the headliner on the description. Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire were the Bash brothers. I doubt McGwire will touch anything with Canseco on it after the steroid era investigations.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Looking at ebay, which in this case may not be all that useful, Toni Stone autographs appear to be quite scarce. The prices of the three I found were unsold, but all around $1500 or more. I suppose it makes this item the steal of the century:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Autographe...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

In that case, if that is the value, I hardly think McGwire, Banks, Jackson or anyone else matters on that item at the price it might have sold for.

As for Mcgwire and Canseco together, I guess the same item signed in different spots might qualify (i doubt either would qcheck a whole book for example to make sure the other didn't sign it somewhere else), but it is hardly like a photo of both together or a ball where both signed it. The spot where he signed is actually quite bad, even for it to be used as a cut.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Makes me wonder how many, if any, of those 1994 Ted Williams Co. cards were signed. There was not a lot of time. That would be quite an item.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 15

Members online