Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to store a booklet card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roundtree34

Aug 9, 2008
I just got my 1st national treasures booklet card, is there a card holder in the market to store this so its open ? if so where can I find it?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I now have a handful of thicker booklet type cards. Not a fan necessarily, because they don't display the way a traditional card does, but they were Garvey related and had to chase after them. But for the first time ever, I received one today (oddly enough, of all days) in the mail that was flat, open and in some sort of case. I have not taken the time to look it over yet and would probably not keep it that way, but it may be exactly what you are ooking for.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
IMG_2018.JPG
I’ve been looking for a few also. I found these but I’m not really thrilled with the look. Thinking about trying one out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Ultra pro makes several different models, I've been looking at some lately as I have 5 or 6 booket cards now and the only thing more frustrating than a different shape card holder in my monster box is the fact I've got these things folded up so I can't see them.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Is it just me or does it seem like 20-25 bucks for a single card holder is beyond ridiculous? I don't keep up with prices much these days. I get so many toploaders and other assorted holders from buying singles and I don't really use any of them. Aside from Garvey cards, I store the better cards in penny sleeves. Toploads and hard cases just take up too much more space, but I have 1000s of empties now. I guess my can't toss anything attitude isn't helping, since now I have the cards AND the empty cases to store and it actually takes up MORE space! I guess the voice in my head says that someday I will use them for something.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Can you post dimensions? If I am not mistaken, they are the same as the bi-fold horizontal booklets. If that is the case, the Ultra-Pro double booklet one touch would work beautifully and are not crazy expensive.

These would be the same dimensions (besides thickness) of 3 base cards...plus additional space due to the tabs that connect the three cards together. The Ultra-Pro double landscape booklet would not work because it wouldn't be "tall" enough and the other Ultra-Pro wouldn't work because it wouldn't be "long" enough.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
These holders are expensive but I guess the cost of designing and mass-producing things like this is greater than I would suppose. I remember PSA for years dragged their feet to create holders to accomodate all the new cards of varying thickness. They said it was just too expensive for the number of submissions they got that would require them, but that seemed like a chicken/egg problem. I mean, you have the top/front half that can remain the same, then varying depths on the bottom/back half of the slab. Shouldn't be too hard, I would say confidently as someone whose never fabricated anything or run a business like that. But all these fancy folding cards, the Triple Threads tri-fold cards especially, by design, is not a large popuplation relative to normal 2.5x3.5 cardboard. You've got a couple manufacturers putting these things out, so it's kind of a small, captive market, and they can charge what they need plus what they want on them.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
These holders are expensive but I guess the cost of designing and mass-producing things like this is greater than I would suppose. I remember PSA for years dragged their feet to create holders to accomodate all the new cards of varying thickness. They said it was just too expensive for the number of submissions they got that would require them, but that seemed like a chicken/egg problem. I mean, you have the top/front half that can remain the same, then varying depths on the bottom/back half of the slab. Shouldn't be too hard, I would say confidently as someone whose never fabricated anything or run a business like that. But all these fancy folding cards, the Triple Threads tri-fold cards especially, by design, is not a large popuplation relative to normal 2.5x3.5 cardboard. You've got a couple manufacturers putting these things out, so it's kind of a small, captive market, and they can charge what they need plus what they want on them.

It also depends on how we as collectors keep our cards. For me, mine aren't ever on display...just protected and put into a box to rummage through once in a blue moon. These unique size cards fit closed up with cases already available IE: 25 count holders such as this: https://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=651&osCsid=661jlmnhne6u6kvnid69i99i71 and by adding a piece of foam or something to ensure it is not moving around inside. Those that want to display the card out in the open, I think it is worthy spending the price on a custom holder if that is the intent, similar to having a budget for framing.