User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dec Night Crew- Decade Review!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like Fred2 Porcello3 could become a Met.... your thoughts [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I just missed a 1999 card #/100, which I needed, and was listed at $5 delivered. After I saw it I waited about 30 seconds to hit the BIN button...and it was gone. Not sure that's ever happened to me before. I've hesitated on cards and lost them, but never in the span of 30 seconds. Damn. I'm going to bed.

Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    So I just missed a 1999 card #/100, which I needed, and was listed at $5 delivered. After I saw it I waited about 30 seconds to hit the BIN button...and it was gone. Not sure that's ever happened to me before. I've hesitated on cards and lost them, but never in the span of 30 seconds. Damn. I'm going to bed.

Sorry, same thing happened to me this week. I'm trying to lower the irritation by presuming it was too good to be true, but I fcked up.

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post

i have almost ONE MILLION cards many junk years some # , sorted by team and most alpha order . thinning down inventory for Christmas = teams bags for local schools so always sorting

tramersfoulball
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today i gave city rec 500 team bags of 25 misc cards . still have 10,000 to bag

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what really grinds my gears!? When I'm at work, you know that thing that allows me to piss away money on this hobby...work, and I get distracted at the end of an auction. I took out my phone in a moment of panic just to get my app opened to see the red seconds timer go 2...1...ended. granted it was a 2019 card #/10 so I'll probably see another fairly soon but it ended at a sweetheart price.
    That is what is currently grinding my gears.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears!? When I'm at work, you know that thing that allows me to piss away money on this hobby...work, and I get distracted at the end of an auction. I took out my phone in a moment of panic just to get my app opened to see the red seconds timer go 2...1...ended. granted it was a 2019 card #/10 so I'll probably see another fairly soon but it ended at a sweetheart price.
    That is what is currently grinding my gears.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    It looks like Fred2 Porcello3 could become a Met.... your thoughts [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]?
    Although I love the name, donít think Iíd like the move

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Although I love the name, don’t think I’d like the move
    I would like to see him go to a team that either has a pitchers park or a good defense.

Fred Fred's first team had a terrible D and second team had rough park. The Mariners sadly would make a lot of sense, but lets not get our hopes up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marlins change their park and bring in the fences 12ft. Pathetic! They trade away their 3 young power hitters to save $$, then realize that HR still need to be inflated.

....and because they think its 1982, they are also adding artificial turf.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. That's a special kind of ignorant. Maybe they hired Florida Man as their new general manager.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Marlins change their park and bring in the fences 12ft. Pathetic! They trade away their 3 young power hitters to save $$, then realize that HR still need to be inflated.

....and because they think its 1982, they are also adding artificial turf.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems they want to do concerts and events there, but gave the excuse "growing grass is too hard!" for why the switch to turf.

Marlins and Jeter hope their actions pass off as "rebuilding" but when you look at the moves its really just "refiltering" (new term!)

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I have a new nomination for best minor league team name and logo, right in my back yard. Tigers short season a ball has rebranded and i friggen love it
    https://news.sportslogos.net/2019/12/...-sea-unicorns/

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sea Unicorns?????

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Ok, I have a new nomination for best minor league team name and logo, right in my back yard. Tigers short season a ball has rebranded and i friggen love it
    https://news.sportslogos.net/2019/12...-sea-unicorns/

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Narwhals!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast