Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dec Night Crew- Decade Review!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I probably should have learned about that in my deep study of Canaries about 20 minutes ago, but then I got distracted with a link about finding my inner spirit animal and whatnot. :confused: As the minutes go by now all I remember about Canaries from my robust studies is they are birds. :-|

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Not sure what you guys are talking about, but my kids name is Logan...

View attachment 95303
One of my favorite pictures of him, from a few years back.

Now I go to bed

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last night a spammer named Logan from Miami (errr... India) was trying to sell bitcoin and we were teasing him. The whole thread got nuked so you all missed some good jokes!

PS: great pic! :)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey - no offense meant! Great pic of your boy, he's a cute kid. I was just busting on this foreign spammer who almost certainly chose his name based on what he thought would be most Americanish based on our movie exports...

Not sure what you guys are talking about, but my kids name is Logan...

View attachment 95303
One of my favorite pictures of him, from a few years back.

Now I go to bed

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey - no offense meant! Great pic of your boy, he's a cute kid. I was just busting on this foreign spammer who almost certainly chose his name based on what he thought would be most Americanish based on our movie exports...

I searched the name to see where else he was spamming and it turns out to be a kid actor.... Twilight style movies I think.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
You know, Rick Porcello just isn't a very good pitcher. He had one great year, but in reality he's a #2 at best, and these days a #3 at best. He's led the league a few times, but those times were Wins, Losses, Hits (2x), Home Runs Allowed, Shutouts, Hit Batters, and Batters Faced. His one Cy Young year was awesome, but beyond that, well whatever. Here's his ERA by year:

Now these are all full seasons - this guy eats innings for sure. But in 11 full seasons, he has had an ERA under 4.00 only 3 times. Not great. Really the only reason he's commanded such a high price from the Mets is that a) he eats innings (important), and b) his won-loss record is not too bad. But won-loss is not an individual effort, and he's played for good teams most of his career. Nothing against this guy, but his performance is what it is. And it's not great.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, he is probably the 5th best starter on that team, which I guess means they aren't too bad. F2 has an ERA+ of 99, so he just needs one decent year to be an above average pitcher.

"the Mets also offer him an opportunity to add to his trophy cabinet in the form of another World Series title on Tuesday."

It sounds like F2 is not content on getting a mere WS ring like all the other players, but instead take home the whole fcking trophy to put it next to his* Cy Young. :lol:

*Verlanders

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think the only reason he made 1yr/10mil from the Mets is that they have a crappy GM. I bet the other offers were much smaller, but Porclain didn't want to admit this.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah, that ERA+. Well, now he's on a team with 3 winning seasons in the last 11 years. And they're named the Mets. So yeah, that WS ring is right around the corner for him....

Yep, he is probably the 5th best starter on that team, which I guess means they aren't too bad. F2 has an ERA+ of 99, so he just needs one decent year to be an above average pitcher.

"the Mets also offer him an opportunity to add to his trophy cabinet in the form of another World Series title on Tuesday."

It sounds like F2 is not content on getting a mere WS ring like all the other players, but instead take home the whole fcking trophy to put it next to his* Cy Young. :lol:

*Verlanders

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, they will hit rock bottom and have a hard time rebuilding with all the Milb talent they've traded.

..but enough about F2P3 and the Mets, and more about Mr. Haste. :cool: Has anyone seen Ready Or Not? I thought it was good, especially the first half. Not enough Saw style torture though. The lady in it didn't suck, expect to see more of her in the future.

I will share a scene that doesn't really affect plot but made me laugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlGjqV55PJQ

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
no worries I've been bumping the 98 diffractors every hour

Thanks, I had a dentist yesterday (it went well) so I've been behind on my everyday events.

Perhaps instead of alternating days we could instead divide eras, you could shill pre2000 and I could shill after. That way I will never mix up what day it is... he has gotten some good deals recently.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Right Said Fred Fred Porcello won't be winning any rings on the Mets. I will appreciate anyone who helped the red Sox win a world series but he's an average pitcher. He's a 4/5 that will throw 2-3 gems a year, he will keep a team in 60% of his starts and he will have 6-8 games that hes awful. As a 4/5 maybe that's good enough. The Mets will be one of those teams that until they show me they can make the playoffs I won't believe it. On paper they usually look good enough but then reality crashed down upon them.

Members online

Latest posts