9 years...$324 mil

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    9 years...$324 mil
    Wow, that is insane number. Hopefully for the Yanks he doesn't age as poorly as the real Val Venis.

who are we kidding, of course this deal is going to turn to sht!!!!

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    640 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Val looks like a white chocolate Hershey’s kiss...

Also tonight I see Adam Jones went to Japan and Nomar Mazara to the White Sox

Now I gotta get my ass to bed

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nomar only turns 25 next season and still has a lot of potential, I wonder what they get in return.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting more news about the Cole deal Banjar. It seems he will now have 4 arms Goro style, with the new attachments being the remains of Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angels are going to have a lot of 12-11 games in the future.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in a pissy mood this evening. But that made me laugh. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    I'm getting more news about the Cole deal Banjar. It seems he will now have 4 arms Goro style, with the new attachments being the remains of Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton.

Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to add a joke about him having a Mitch Haniger nut, but I didn't want to give spoilers to anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yankees may get Cy Young runner up Gerrit Cole, but Mets counter strongly with a real Cy Young and avid bathroom stall fly fisherman Fred2 Porcello3. Looks like we are heading to a Subway Series this year! Can someone with a KISS themed firetruck drive me to game 7?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your boy landed on the Amazin' Mets. Good for them I guess. But this may put a damper on your relationship with Fred Fred. Now that he's in the NL your weekend rendezvous trysts will probably be a bit more infrequent.

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Yankees may get Cy Young runner up Gerrit Cole, but Mets counter strongly with a real Cy Young and avid bathroom stall fly fisherman Fred2 Porcello3. Looks like we are heading to a Subway Series this year! Can someone with a KISS themed firetruck drive me to game 7?
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    So your boy landed on the Amazin' Mets. Good for them I guess. But this may put a damper on your relationship with Fred Fred. Now that he's in the NL your weekend rendezvous trysts will probably be a bit more infrequent.
    Fred Fred and I need time apart anyways....its about time he is in the NL. I swear he was pitching underhanded to the DHs last season. Hopefully for him he gets lined up against the Marlins many times.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..and by the sound of it F2 was ready to go to the NL as well, he turned down a 3 year offer and other mutliyear offers elsewhere.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, god bless him. I wish him well. But I have this feeling he's just going to be the latest of tail-end-of-prime-and-overpaid semi-stars who goes to the Mets to die.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Well, god bless him. I wish him well. But I have this feeling he's just going to be the latest of tail-end-of-prime-and-overpaid semi-stars who goes to the Mets to die.
    My prediction is he does really well this year and the Mets give him a second deal....5 years, 130mil (or something along those lines) THEN he kills the Mets.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're probably right. But I'm still going with falling off a cliff next year. None of these type acquisitions play well for the Mets. Except maybe Carlos Beltran, so maybe that will have some effect.

I got new show stamped card today, 2002 Donruss Studio with the Chicago National stamp. Seller on COMC had it listed at 35, with minimum offer around 18. So I sent an 18 offer, received something like at 33 reply, which was odd. So I sent something like 24 back, and the reply went up to 34. WTF. Some sellers. Managed to get it over Thanksgiving for a slightly better price, but still....WTF with some of these guys. Also got another 2004 Exhibits Second Edition card in the mail today that I managed to snag at a nicer price. A 1990 Topps blank back too. Plus a Dave Parker Autograph - my first one. He was my other favorite player back in the day. Has Parkinson's now, which blows. He's a genuinely cool guy.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast