Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC Black Friday Shipment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I believe the sale runs another day, but I ran out of credit and had pretty much picked up what I wanted, so I requested shipment today. It says it will ship 12/16, arriving 12/18. I am curious to know if anyone else is requesting a shipment soon, specifically if you wait until the end of the sale, will it push out the ship date? Based on the last several years, 17 days from request to delivery seems like an improvement, but I suspect if you wait until the sale ends, many others will likely do the same and push the ship date out further.

I also noticed that there was no flat out free shipping this time that I could find. You needed to spend $100 to get free shipping.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
I too requested shipping via the free option today 12/2 around 9:30 AM and it says it will ship 12/17 with an estimated arrival of 12/24.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Anyone else request a shipment since Monday? Would be curious to hear of your estimated ship date.

I noticed that my first ever shipment from COMC was after TG in 2011. Since then, I have had post TG shipments for 9 straight years now. There are a few other random shipments in between as well, but have not missed a year since I started. I wonder if I will make it 10 in 2020. Really trying to cut back...

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I've got over 100 cards (well over $99 worth) sitting in my inventory waiting for a free shipping promo. I thought this was my chance, only to find out that their promo was only for items purchased during the Black Friday weekend event and totaling $99. What a bummer...so there they still sit, waiting for a future promotion. I'd love if COMC ran one which gave a free shipping credit for adding $$ to your store credit!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
requested Sat 11/30, estimated ship 12/23, 92 cards

last year requested 11/23, estimated 12/17, actual 12/14, 71 cards

I too found out the hard way it the $99 only counted cards purchased during the event, as I had the majority of them already bought & waiting, but alas my spree got me there. This shipment will help put me over 5,600 RJs & well on my way to 5,700!

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I've got over 100 cards (well over $99 worth) sitting in my inventory waiting for a free shipping promo. I thought this was my chance, only to find out that their promo was only for items purchased during the Black Friday weekend event and totaling $99. What a bummer...so there they still sit, waiting for a future promotion. I'd love if COMC ran one which gave a free shipping credit for adding $$ to your store credit!

I was waiting to request shipment for their black friday promo as well, not sure why they changed it. Not a huge deal, but they do offer a $5.00 credit when you ship 100 cards per month, so that is basically giving you the shipping cost back next month. I wouldn't hold your breath for any other free shipping promo though.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I was disappointed over the lack of free shipping deal this year myself. Luckily I had added $100 in anticipation of the discounts and ended up sending it all. I guess in the future though, I just won't wait as long to ship.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
Well, received an email from COMC stating that the Dec. 17th ship date was an error and that all Free Shipping Promo orders will ship by Dec 23rd.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Has your shipment status on the site changed as well? Mine is still showing 12/16. I did request BEFORE the sale ended, but would be quite disappointed if it didn't ship until the 23rd.

I gotta say, COMC is only as good as the people who send them stuff to sell. The combined s/h is huge, but the rate at which I find cards now that I truly want has slowed to a crawl, if they are not overpriced already or snapped up by someone who apparently has no other job but search for cards online. I also have been talking for at least a year or more, saying that I really need to curb the buying and start looking at a liquidation plan (it will take a long time if I do it right). I can't really imagine a time in the future where not getting new cards would be OK with me, but at some point you have to decide if it is worth continuing on and leaving a mess for your heirs.

Since the sale, I have checked periodically though and not found a single card to buy and have not bothered to load any new credit. It's easy to say now in the heat of the moment, but if my shipment is delayed beyond the 16th, that may be the final straw for COMC and me.

deujr61

Mar 8, 2011
Illinois
Has your shipment status on the site changed as well? Mine is still showing 12/16. I did request BEFORE the sale ended, but would be quite disappointed if it didn't ship until the 23rd.

No status has not changed. I believe the error was only for the Free Shipping Promo of which I took advantage.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
My order shows as shipped today, a few days earlier than the initial ship by date. That is a good thing. Sadly, even though I live within driving distance of COMC, I may not see the cards until Tuesday. I ship to my office. If I had shipments come to my home, I would probably have them by tomorrow! No deliveries for work on Saturday and USPS usually comes so damn late on the typical Monday that I have already left for the day or we are closed and they can't even drop it off for me to grab the next morning. My last two places had locked postal boxes and were close enough from home to drive to (my current work is 40 miles away!) so sometimes I would grab weekend deliveries when I was not able to wait it out.

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
- The terms of the promotion to obtain free shipping was that $99 worth of items needed to be purchased during the sale for the free shipping option to become available at checkout.
- We guaranteed that all orders would ship out by 12/23. That was the absolute last date the final batch of orders would be shipped out. Obviously some of you are seeing that we're able to get out those orders much earlier.
- There was a glitch in our system which told some users they would ship by 12/17. Those users were sent out a follow-up clarification email.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Is it true they changed shipping services to a company called Newgistics? And I decided not to request shipment yet due to all the complaints and delays I've been hearing about.

Last edited:

Members online