Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1984-1991 O'Connell & Sons Ink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I recently picked up an O'Connell & Sons Ink card from the 1991 series that'd I'd been eyeing. After removing it from the toploader and penny sleeve for closer inspection, I noticed that it is not printed on standard card stock...it's like it was printed on bond paper. There is also a tiny bit of white outside the red background on one edge only, as if it had been cut from a printed page. Perhaps someone is trying to swindle me...

Can anyone who's familiar with this set please tell me if these cards were printed on standard card stock or if they're thinner/flimsier than a normal card? Are the card fronts supposed to be glossy, semi-glossy, or matte finish? If someone has one handy that they could physically compare to another early-90's card, it would be greatly appreciated. (I think [MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] wrote about the older series last year)

Thanks, guys!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I recently picked up an O'Connell & Sons Ink card from the 1991 series that'd I'd been eyeing. After removing it from the toploader and penny sleeve for closer inspection, I noticed that it is not printed on standard card stock...it's like it was printed on bond paper. There is also a tiny bit of white outside the red background on one edge only, as if it had been cut from a printed page. Perhaps someone is trying to swindle me...

Can anyone who's familiar with this set please tell me if these cards were printed on standard card stock or if they're thinner/flimsier than a normal card? Are the card fronts supposed to be glossy, semi-glossy, or matte finish? If someone has one handy that they could physically compare to another early-90's card, it would be greatly appreciated. (I think [MENTION=2322]jeffv96masters[/MENTION] wrote about the older series last year)

Thanks, guys!

T.S. O'Connell print these himself, so they are definitely not standard card stock. No worries, you didn't get swindled.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not that a reprint or a counterfeit is impossible, but they were cheap looking to begin with and I believe most generally don't sell for a great amount of money. I have a set, but it is tucked away at the moment. I do recall them being thinner than typical card stock and some were larger than normal card size too.

Members online