Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gerrit Cole to the....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
DzFGN2M.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's disappointing. I'm not a Yankee hater, though it does get tiresome, but I really wanted him to go to the Angels if anywhere other than the Phillies. Anything to get Trout to the World Series.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I'm sure the Yankees brass fully expects to relatively eat the last four years of the deal if he does not opt out, and they will gladly take that trade to win another title, even though it's not a guarantee. That's a tough fan base to keep happy, this move shows to the fans, money spenders, they are doing everything they can in the immediate future.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka
German

With the addition of Cole to the rotation, he places the Yankees' rotation firmly within the top 10 in MLB, instead of the middle of the pack. They added Cole without mortgaging their future, FA pick up, and for an organization like the Yankees all it cost them was money. They are very thin when it comes to high-end, impactful prospect arms in their system, with D. Garcia still being widely profiled as a bullpen piece. Good for them recognizing their shortfalls, also that the window is open for them and mostly within their control for the next few years.

Where do you place their rotation now with Cole?

Personally, I place them third behind the Nationals and then the Indians.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Cole
Severino
Paxton
Tanaka
German

With the addition of Cole to the rotation, he places the Yankees' rotation firmly within the top 10 in MLB, instead of the middle of the pack. They added Cole without mortgaging their future, FA pick up, and for an organization like the Yankees all it cost them was money. They are very thin when it comes to high-end, impactful prospect arms in their system, with D. Garcia still being widely profiled as a bullpen piece. Good for them recognizing their shortfalls, also that the window is open for them and mostly within their control for the next few years.

Where do you place their rotation now with Cole?

Personally, I place them third behind the Nationals and then the Indians.

don't think german will ever put on a yankee uniform again. that being said we have a solid rotation.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
don't think german will ever put on a yankee uniform again. that being said we have a solid rotation.

I had completely forgotten about the German domestic violence case, perhaps you are right. If you are correct about that, is Montgomery likely to fill that spot in the rotation? Even if that is the case, I would still personally place their starting rotation third in MLB. Where would you personally place them?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
this is there best starting rotation since the 90's imo.
German from what has been talked about is real bad. it has been said he hit a woman at CC's charity event. not sure if that's the only incident.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
ZIPS projections aren't out yet but Fangraphs has Cole/Tanaka/Severino/Paxton/Montgomery at 16.8 fWAR. That's certainly a top 5 rotation.

Members online