Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020!! hobby goals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Complete my 1958 Topps set. Need only 23 more.

Get back into sending out TTM autograph requests.

Hardly spend any money on cards this year and just enjoy what I already have.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Isn't it odd for 99 particularly that some players have none available and others seem to be more plentiful than water?

Yes but also helps explain which players are followed closer than others. I think these pull more player collectors vs. set collectors which historically are the two groups of collectors who clash the most in the high $ bidding/auction wars.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Adding another one

Find a 1995 Select Mirror Gold Derek Jeter for a decent price to finish up my master set. I started on this run a year too late.

Good luck. Given what the Belle's sell for... can't imagine the figure you have in your head set aside for this beauty.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Good luck. Given what the Belle's sell for... can't imagine the figure you have in your head set aside for this beauty.

Thankfully the 1995s aren't nearly in the same price range as the 1996s but I still waited a year or so longer than I should have. They've spiked quite a bit in the last 18 months or so.

Add 25 game used pieces

Add 20 unique nomar cards

Add 20 unique Miami hurricane alum football cards

Add 100 Shawn kemp rookie cards

Add as many 1/1 from Brad kaaya, Denzel perryman, duke johnson as possible

Add 10 sean taylor rookies

Add as many all star refractors as possible

Add 1 babe Ruth leaf Boston bay card

Get rid of clutter

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
1. Finish 1998 Tek Thome set. Only need pattern #90.

2. Buy or trade for more Jim Thome cards.

3. Finish 1973 Topps set. Only need 14 more.

4. Get closer to finishing 1974 and 1976 Topps sets.

5. Finish 1999 Tek Thome set.

6. Work on high # Phillies cards from 1966-1970 and 1972.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
1. More IP auto collecting at Salem & Pulaski games this season!
2. Continue to find older Yankee player autographs and add Yankee autographs to my collection. At 1179 different Yankees and reach 1250 by the end of 2020.
3. Find T209 Roanoke player cards. No additions in 2019, so hope 2020 will be better.
4. Find a PM 10 Mantle blue portrait pin.
5. Start watching for a 1956 Yogi Berra Yellow Base Path pin at a reasonable price.
6. Continue to work on the 1934-36 Diamond Stars set. Currently at 127 of the 175 cards (includes yearly variations). Hope to add 30 cards by the end of 2020.
7. Have fun doing all the above!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I used to dutifully post my annual goals on threads like these and go back near the end of the year and report my progress. It was usually laughable. I stopped doing it, because frankly, I really don't have goals when it comes to my collecting. It all sounds so serious and work-like. I almost expect the owners of these sites to email me a meeting invite to sit down with me and issue me my yearly performance reviews based on my self-set goals.

I have found that I don't need or want any sort of formal or informal guide to dictate how I will collect in the coming year. There are things I want to get done (organize, scan, etc), but posting them in public will not help me get them done. In fact, I probably will make little progress on that task, as I have failed to do for many years in a row. I don't think I will ever get to where I want due to time, space, volume and the motivation to do this before anything else in life.

Good luck to all who have set themselves some goals, formally or not. Not knocking you in any way, just not participating myself.

That said, I do need to get an autograph for every new Dodger player and coach that joins the team this year, since I am currently sitting at 100%!! I guess that is a goal in a way and one I hope is not too hard to maintain for the year.

KennerKid

Oct 19, 2019
Great thread!

1. I own 67 current PSA Slabs. I would like to get to 200 by the end of 2020.

2. Individual Cards I want by the end of 2020:

Mike Trout 2012 Update Rookie PSA 9 or PSA 10
Bat Down Ronald Acuna PSA 10
Topps Sapphire Vladimir Guerrero PSA 10
(WHITE WHALE CARD) /25 Orange Refractor Guerrero PSA 10

3. Would like to start an NBA Collection - waiting to see what happens with Zion Williamson

4. Attend my first national in Atlantic City, NJ. (My boss says he's buying a Mantle Rookie PSA 4 and he's serious about it). Buy one of my cards on my list above there.

5. Break a box of 2020 Topps Baseball

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
2020 will be my first full year back in the game since taking a hiatus for several years. My goals are pretty simple:

1. Get to 50% in my Scott Rolen PC. I'm currently just shy of 2,000 unique cards out of his 6,600+ cards. I'm working on a deal currently that will push me really close to that goal if the other guy comes through with selling his Rolen PC. Scott Rolen checklist

2. The 1999 SP Signature Edition autograph set that I started several years ago, I still need 29 cards to finish off that set. I'm down to mostly big names in the set, so I'm hoping to add at least 15 of those this coming year. 1999 SP Signature Edition autograph checklist

3. I would also like to get some time to take photographs of all of my Scott Rolen memorabilia to add that to my website. Maybe even pick up some game used memorabilia to add to the collection if I can find any legitimate items for sale at a reasonable price.

4. Be more active here on the boards.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
2020 will be my first full year back in the game since taking a hiatus for several years. My goals are pretty simple:

1. Get to 50% in my Scott Rolen PC. I'm currently just shy of 2,000 unique cards out of his 6,600+ cards. I'm working on a deal currently that will push me really close to that goal if the other guy comes through with selling his Rolen PC. Scott Rolen checklist

2. The 1999 SP Signature Edition autograph set that I started several years ago, I still need 29 cards to finish off that set. I'm down to mostly big names in the set, so I'm hoping to add at least 15 of those this coming year. 1999 SP Signature Edition autograph checklist

3. I would also like to get some time to take photographs of all of my Scott Rolen memorabilia to add that to my website. Maybe even pick up some game used memorabilia to add to the collection if I can find any legitimate items for sale at a reasonable price.

Welcome back! I love that autograph set and have contemplated it several times. best of luck

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

Hey, saw you post and had something you might find interesting. I have the (manager's) game-used lineup card from the game that Rolen hit his 250th HR. Was from 2006, the year the Cards won the WS as well. Happy to discuss if interested.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I used to dutifully post my annual goals on threads like these and go back near the end of the year and report my progress. It was usually laughable. I stopped doing it, because frankly, I really don't have goals when it comes to my collecting. It all sounds so serious and work-like. I almost expect the owners of these sites to email me a meeting invite to sit down with me and issue me my yearly performance reviews based on my self-set goals.

I have found that I don't need or want any sort of formal or informal guide to dictate how I will collect in the coming year. There are things I want to get done (organize, scan, etc), but posting them in public will not help me get them done. In fact, I probably will make little progress on that task, as I have failed to do for many years in a row. I don't think I will ever get to where I want due to time, space, volume and the motivation to do this before anything else in life.

Good luck to all who have set themselves some goals, formally or not. Not knocking you in any way, just not participating myself.

That said, I do need to get an autograph for every new Dodger player and coach that joins the team this year, since I am currently sitting at 100%!! I guess that is a goal in a way and one I hope is not too hard to maintain for the year.

I usually fail miserably too since my collection interests range from Jeff Frye, Ginter, and Ryan Helsley to Ooo Shiny. I start and stop on between 20 and 25 new collections every year it seems like so any kind of focus tends to help me save money and space. I don't beat myself up if I fail to get anything on the list but I feel some accomplishment if I do so it works out.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
1. Add 3 more 2004 Exhibit Puckett cards.
2. Add 3 1/1 Puckett cards.
3. Finish at least 4 Twins Topps team sets from the 60's. I am very close on some of these. I started a project to make Topps team sets of the Twins since they came to Minnesota. I have a bunch of years done but I need to organize my newer stuff and make a want list.
4. Downsize my overall collection. I have a lot of random stuff that either needs to be sold, traded or tossed out.
5. Clean and Organize my card room/office. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be put on display yet. I started refinishing an old dresser for storage. Once I finish and add some shelving this should get better.
6. Find some very specific cards from my want list. Most of these I never see but one can always hope. List is below.
2001 DONRUSS STUDIO WARNING TRACK OFF THE WALL (#d/25)
2002 DONRUSS CLASSIC STUDIO LEATHER & LUMBER ARTISTS PROOF
2002 FLEER FALL CLASSIC GOLD W/RUTH AND JACKSON(#d/50)
2002 TOPPS GOLD LABEL MLB AWARDS CEREMONY RELICS TITANIUM ( ALL STAR MVP) ACR-KP2
2002 UPPERDECK SWEET SPOT CLASSIC GAME USED BAT GOLD (#d/25)
2002 UPPERDECK SWEET SPOT CLASSIC SIGNATURES (PR/74)

Figured I would do an update to my list.

1. Haven't added any new ones. Seen a few listed just none that I needed.
2. Added 2 so far. 2019 DK Flashback and 2019 NT Game Gear Eights.
3. I haven't finished any from the 60's yet but I do have everything organized and put into binders. I have also finished a bunch of newer sets so I feel good about that.
4. I've sold a few things and thrown out a small amount. A long ways to go yet.
5. I have done some cleaning and re-organization. I have added shelving to put more things on display. The problem is that I keep buying more things haha.
6. I have struck out on these so far.

Members online