Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting 1996 Montana SPX Auto Auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I thought I bought this a while back, as I have always liked these special edition cards, but instead ended up with two of the Marino autos. I thought I remembered seeing them for under $50 when I was doing my initial shopping, but perhaps I was mistaken. Maybe if I had been more patient I might have been able to find one in that range, but I ended up with this one for $61 ra few weeks before Christmas.

61.jpg

Not long after, this one showed up starting at a buck. I bid on it for the fun of it, having no intention to pay more than a few bucks. I was surprised when it went up into double digits. It slowly crept up to over $30 and I was waiting to see where it would end and the listing ended today at $34 with free s/h. Now I realize that I paid almost double for mine, but WHY would anyone pay so much for a signature that is essentially gone, UNLESS there is a plan to add a fake one later? I am not saying that this is what the winner is planning, but I don't see a $34 transaction making sense under any other scenario here. It's easy enough to see who the winner was at this time (until that data disappears), at least the ebay hidden code for the buyer name and their current feedback star color. I won't link the listing or out the buyer simply because maybe they just wanted a cheap version of this card and I don't know their true intentions.

If you are in the market for one of these, keep your eye on the certified sticker on back though and if you see this number pop up again on a bold signature, you know what happened!

Fade 1.jpgFade 2.jpg

EDIT: I didn't catch this until just now, but is it not also odd that the seller posted a picture of the front of the card in a toploader with a brown background, yet the image of the card back is in a soft sleeve and has a grey background? Now this could just be weird circumstance, but it makes the seller seem a bit suspect for this listing now too! Hmm, would love to know if the card pictured has a sticker and if it matches that cert number now.

Last edited:

Members online