Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MrMopar's New Dodgers Autograph Thread (and other interesting items on a slow mailday)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
just 1 today, as I left work before mail arrived.

Bill Madlock from COMC. Numbered to 25. Bill-Madlock.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Keibert Ruiz. Loved the look of this card. This is one that you gamble with. If I wait a couple years, maybe I find other copies cheaper (if he doesn't make a big impact). Another possibility is that he becomes red hot and you either never see another or the copies you can find are really pricey. This didn't break the bank, so I am good with having it now. He has yet to play for the Dodgers, but this is a Dodgers affiliate card, so it counts. Ruiz.jpg

Alex Verdugo. Now a Red Sox, but this was another design I just liked. Can't lose with a red, white and blue design for a Dodgers card. Verdugo.jpg

The last card is non-certified, but it is still certified. A rare PSA card for the collection. I didn't notice that it had some creasing when i bought it, but the price was right anyway, so no worries. Ron Cey High# RC: Cey RC.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was surprised when some mail was dropped off today. Probably the stuff they try to deliver on Saturdays. Todays batch is very underwhelming, but a Dodger auto is a Dodger auto.

A pair of Dennis Santana certified cards: Santana.jpgDS.jpg

The rest today are former/future Dodgers on certified cards, mostly guys who flew through LA for a very brief stay:

Travis d'Arnaud (1 game!):TA.jpg
Eric Goeddal (1 year):EG.jpg
Luis Gonzalez(1 year): LG.jpg
Andrew Lambo (Minors Only, technically the card really doesn't count as he is shown as a Pirate):AL.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Garvey /10: Garvey 10.jpg
Duke Snider Heritage:Snider.jpg
Will Smith Gold /50 & Dustin May 2020 Topps:May.jpgSmith.jpg

Former/Future Dodgers...

Juan Marichal /25: JM.jpg
Mark McGwire /70: Mac.jpg

I can't get enough of these early Mariner PCs, signed or not. A couple former/future Dodgers in the lot: Simpson Vandeberg Young.jpg

Joe Simpson
Ed Vande Berg
Matt Young

Ted Sizemore signed Hostess panel (w/ Grich too): TS.jpg

Lastly, a couple of non-certified cards...

Dick Schofield: DS.jpg
Rick Sutcliffe:RS.jpg
Will Venable (Had 1 hit for the Dodgers in 2016): WV.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I need to get a new scanner (or buy less!). Loading the images 1 at a time is a bit tedious.

Rounding out the week was a pretty large lot by count, but nothing too exciting for content.

Two sport star Brian Jordan /12:Jordan 12.jpg
Jimmy Lewis Plate.Lewis.jpg
Michael Busch: Busch.jpg

This Chuck Connors is probably the most exciting pick up. I am always nervous about his autograph though, because it is SO basic. Just about anyone with a hand could possibly forge this one:Connors.jpg
Clyde King: King.jpg
Davey Lopes:Lopes.jpg
Norm Sherry: Sherry.jpg
Ted Sizemore: Sizemore.jpg
Jeff Torborg (This proves I need to slow down and L@@K closer at these photos). I prefer less damage, but it was still cheap: Torborg.jpg

Joe Amalfitano: Amalfitano.jpg
Jim Bucher: bUCHER.jpg
Gil English: English.jpg
Stan "Packy" Rogers: Rogers.jpg

The former/future Dodger selection...cards

Pair of Bill Buckner: BB2.jpgBB1.jpg
Tom Hutton: TH.jpg
Johnny Oates: JO.jpg
Tom Paciorek: TP.jpg

photos...

Carroll Beringer:CB.jpg
Sid Fernandez: SF.jpg
Clem Labine: CL photo.jpg
Bill Sudakis: BS.jpg

and finally, a couple of letters

Johnny Enzmann: JE Letter.jpg
Joe Orengo: JO Letter.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Couple nice Mets recently ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It is interesting when you see other team stuff, featuring players who played for your team, and you start to see the teams that your team seemed to deal with a lot. The Mets and Dodgers have transacted quite a bit. Right out of the gate, two aging Dodger greats headed back to NY to join the Mets (Snider & Hodges) as well as Burright, Neal, Pignatano, Harkness, Craig, Zimmer, W. Hunter, Fernandez.and maybe a few more!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
It is interesting when you see other team stuff, featuring players who played for your team, and you start to see the teams that your team seemed to deal with a lot. The Mets and Dodgers have transacted quite a bit. Right out of the gate, two aging Dodger greats headed back to NY to join the Mets (Snider & Hodges) as well as Burright, Neal, Pignatano, Harkness, Craig, Zimmer, W. Hunter, Fernandez.and maybe a few more!

The early Mets tried a lot to connect back to the Brooklyn and New York (Giants) roots, and bring in the former fans of those teams, so bringing back a lot of the former players helped with that

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Steve Garvey /20: Garvey 20.jpg
Clem Labine: Labine.jpg

I had not seen these before. Looks like possibly from mid 1983. Obvious mention of the 84 Olympics that were held in LA, but Stewart was traded in Aug 1983. If anyone has or has seen others, please let me know. Would love to add more.

Manny Mota:Mota.jpg
Dave Stewart: Stewart.jpg

Bart Shirley: Shirley.jpg

Got this in a trade with Therion. This is not the actual card, but an image I found online: AAYY_1_201806292017433855.jpg

Now for the former/future Dodgers. Price is premature of course, but is a member of the organization now.

David Price: Price.jpg

Joe Beckwith: JB.jpg
Jim Gott: JG.jpg
Dick Nen: DN.jpg
Alejandro Pena: ap.jpg
Ron Roenicke: RR2.jpgRR1.jpg
Ed Vande Berg: EV.jpg

Finally a cut Hoyt Wilhelm. HW.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Nice additions! I got a Chuck Connors PSA/DNA index card a few years back. He checked off boxes for my Yankees and Celtics autograph collections!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Capping off the week, just two.

Liked this one so much, bought another! Todd Zeile #2/6: Zeile.jpg

Rick Honeycutt, the blue version /25: Honeycutt 25.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Our building had a gas leak scare today, so I took off before mail was delivered. This was the lone hold-over from Friday's delivery I also missed.

Chris Taylor. I got this for $1.50! I was shocked, as it seems nothing is that cheap these days...ever! Of course, with shipping and tax, my $1.50 deal actually cost me $6.27! I am thinking it's about time to call it quits with ebay singles buying.
The "hidden" costs are really adding up.Taylor.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Going to break this up, since it has been a few days since I could retrieve mail and also post. Corona virus has us in WA running scared! Well, not really all of us, but you can see how the US is taking this one so far...

First group are the Dodgers certified cards I have received in the last week or so:

Ethier/50: Ethier.jpg
Grandal/11:Grandal.jpg
Jordan/6:Jordan 6.jpg
Jordan/7:Jordan 7.jpg
Kemp/50:Kemp.jpg
Madlock/99:Madlock.jpg
Muncy: Muncy.jpg
Sutton (Think this was /25): Sutton.jpg

Next up are the non-certified Dodgers:

Pena: Pena.jpg
Podres: Podres.jpg
Zachry:Zachry.jpg

Last for this post, the former/future Dodgers:

Demeter:DD.jpg
Nen:DN 1.jpg
Wynn:JW.jpg

Lot that includes Baker, Brooks, Garvey & Howe: Baker Brooks Garvey Howe Lot.jpg

Next post will be all the 3x5 cards

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Got each of these for a buck with the exception of the last one! Most are now deceased. Perfect for customs if I ever get around to it.

Stan Andrews: Andrews.jpg
Carroll Beringer: Beringer.jpg
Ray Berres: Berres.jpg
Pete Coscarart: Coscarart.jpg
George Dockins: Dockins.jpg
Willard Hunter: Hunter.jpg
Newt Kimball: Kimball.jpg
Fred Kipp: Kipp.jpg
Charlie Kress (x2): Kress 2.jpgKress.jpg
Don Lund: Lund.jpg
Carmen Mauro (x2 - Both look the same and forgot to grab the 2nd scan): Mauro.jpg
Cal McLish: McLish.jpg
Ron Negray (x2 - Same as Mauro): Negray.jpg
Mike Sandlock: Sandlock.jpg
Johnny Schmitz (x2 - Same as Mauro/Negray): Schmitz.jpg
Elmer Sexauer: Sexauer.jpg
Bart Shirley: Shirley copy.jpg
Ed Stevens: Stevens.jpg
Ben Wade: Wade.jpg
Preston Ward: Ward.jpg

The final guy was not a buck. Wilson only played in one season and even then, only a handful of games. Seems he kind of disappeared from the scene after baseball. He died in 1985. He has a TCMA Stars of the 50s and a Target card and I am not sure anything else. Would love to find a TCMA card signed, the Target card would be impossible. Have never seen a signed photo. I have only seen a handful of Wilson signatures and they all look like this. it's either legit or there are a bunch of similar fakes floating around. To make matters worse, he shares a name with a player who was much, much more common a signature from the same era, Robert "Red" Wilson. He remains one of the tougher to find LA Dodger signatures.

Bob Wilson: Wilson.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
You have been really adding on lately. The index cards are always great for those who had no or very few cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am an addict and a bargain hunter, so I have always been buying like this. I really do need to chill though. Just about anything I get these days is a duplicate, at least as far as the signature itself is concerned. I will grab cards I don't already have, cards that really jump out to me and of course, cheap cuts/3x5s are always nice too.

As soon as the season starts, I'll be picking up more new signatures I suspect. The Dodgers, like most teams I bet, rip through pitchers all year long. That is where most of the adds come from when I am getting new players.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Catch up time again.

Certified Dodgers:

Eric Gagne: Gagne.jpg
Al Oliver /10: Oliver.jpg
Joc Pederson:Pederson.jpg
Steve Sax /43: Sax Arch.jpg
Alex Wood: Wood.jpg

Certified Non-Dodgers:

Tommy Dean: TD.jpg
Al Ferrara: AF.jpg
Ken Landreaux: Landreaux.jpg
Juan Marichal /10: JM.jpg. I am somewhat leery of this card. Looks like a regular old archives buyback card, but was not in holder. That alone should not be a worry, but you just never know these days. The holder would have added that extra confidence I want. I absolutely love this pose. One of the best images on a card ever!
Al Oliver /10: AO.jpg

Non-certified Dodgers photos and cards:
Dusty Baker PC: Baker.jpg
Mark Cresse Police:Creese.jpg
Steve Garvey 8x10: Garv.jpg
Pedro Guerrero 8x10: Guerrero.jpg
Dave Hansen: Hansen.jpg
Mike Hartley: Hartley.jpg
Todd Hollandsworth: hollandsworth.jpg
Tommy John: John.jpg
Rafael Landestoy PC: Landestoy.jpg
Danny McDevitt PC: McDevitt.jpg
Dave Patterson PC: Patterson.jpg
Ron Roenicke Police: Roenicke.jpg
Dave Walsh: Walsh.jpg
Steve Yeager PC: Yeager.jpg

1986 Topps lot w/ Dave Anderson, Bob Bailor, Mariano Duncan, Rick Honeycutt, Jay Johnstone, Mike Marshall, Len Matuszek, Tom Niedenfuer, Bill Russell: 86 Dodgers.jpg

1988 Topps lot w/ Danny Heep, Mike Davis, Phil Garner, Tito Landrum, Matt Young: 88T Lot.jpg

Non-certified former/future Dodgers:

Phil Garner: PG.jpg
Ken McMullen: KM.jpg
Terry Mulholland: TM.jpg
Erv Palica: EP.jpg
Rip Repulski: RR.jpg
Juan Samuel: JS.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts