Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Jan 2020! (balls drop edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Its just like how fast all the Lance Armstrong accusers disappear. Poof! Shazamo!! Years of threatening to sue people really keeps things under wraps, and you know damn well MLB isn't going to allow Trout to go down. . . also much harder to prove something that naturally occurs in the body than a chemical that never should be there.

The medical loophole scam already destroyed MMA with guys such as Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Alistar Overeem going for above average to gods in a short time. The point of doing any replacement therapy for hormones is you're supposed to raise your levels from low to human average, not from low to a horse. :confused:

If he ever gets busted (unlikely) don't eat your Mirror Gold, just sent it to me! :lol:

PS: Good luck with the job, its really shtty to have to pretend to be professional or competent. :(

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I think Armstrong was a different matter. With him there wasn't just one guy with one random twitter blast talking sh!t, or one off-hand comment in an interview. There was a long line of people saying the same thing, and what made them silent was litigation, or the threat of it. And cycling at that time was the dirtiest sport in the world, bar none, and anyone who was paying attention to it (including me) knew damn well he was as dirty as they come.

With that Helton deal, the only thing I ever heard over his whole career was that one random comment, so I didn't pay any attention to it. I think the Trout thing is the same, most likely just a guy looking to make a buzz for whatever reason. But if Trout really is getting better living through chemistry, I think it will eventually come out. Even if it is getting harder and harder to prove wrongdoing, as doping keeps getting more sophisticated. I just don't see it though. Not Trout, right?!? But if I'm wrong, you can expect a bubble mailer with a valuable mid-90's insert inside.

Its just like how fast all the Lance Armstrong accusers disappear. Poof! Shazamo!! Years of threatening to sue people really keeps things under wraps, and you know damn well MLB isn't going to allow Trout to go down. . . also much harder to prove something that naturally occurs in the body than a chemical that never should be there.

The medical loophole scam already destroyed MMA with guys such as Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Alistar Overeem going for above average to gods in a short time. The point of doing any replacement therapy for hormones is you're supposed to raise your levels from low to human average, not from low to a horse. :confused:

If he ever gets busted (unlikely) don't eat your Mirror Gold, just sent it to me! :lol:

PS: Good luck with the job, its really shtty to have to pretend to be professional or competent. :(

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, I definitely agree with all that (especially the free card part!! :p )

I think the main confusion with Helton these days might be that there is another Todd H on the Mitchell Report, and there's at least 1 article I've seen that mixes them up and claims he was on it. Btw, have you ever sent Todd a TTM? He is one of those guys that sends back a fake auto and a note that says "the real one could be yours if you give me $5" :lol: Ok, that was very loose paraphrasing, but you get the picture!

The interesting part about cheating in baseball vs cycling (or running, swimming, football etc) is it seems baseball gets hits hardest in terms of fundamental strategy changes, the mechanics of a the game change radically. It reminds me of playing chess on a 9x9 board or 7x7 board instead of the usual 8x8. The pieces would move the same but the bishop vs knight balance would be messed up by changing the scope. The same thing seems to have happened in baseball with the HR scope overriding the old strategies.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've started compiling my master list of alltime Red Sox players for my new project. It's fun pouring through all the names but tedious putting them onto the spreadsheet so I can track it all easily.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I've started compiling my master list of alltime Red Sox players for my new project. It's fun pouring through all the names but tedious putting them onto the spreadsheet so I can track it all easily.

It must be extra tedious putting Pablo Sandoval on the list. ;)

In all seriousness, what is the new project consist of? TTM?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yah right. That has to be murder. Like Mike Hampton / Denny Neagle territory for us Rockies fans. In all honesty, I already forgot that Pablow Sandblowval played for the Red Sox. Quick check on baseball-reference.com shows about -2.1 WAR for 51 million. Sure I probably don't know the subtleties of that deal, or whatever hidden value he actually provided to his team during his playing time, but whatever. That's astoundingly low production for the cash he took home.

But regardless of all my negativity about the Panda, what is your latest project with all these Sox?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Good ol' Denny. Its a shame he didn't have a Crusade. :lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Sandoval provided one of the best moments ever when he swung and his belt broke because he got so fat. He was awful, I didn't like the signing when it happened. What a miserable off-season that was Hanley and Sandoval...yikes
My new Red Sox project isn't anything fancy or elaborate at all, it's simply one card for everyone who's played for the Sox. Preference for photo in a Boston uni but it many cases I'll have to deal with something else.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
...Just heard Larry Walker made the HOF. I think I have both his green and purp Crusades, so I'm upping my HOF Crusade totals. :cool:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yep. I'm OK with it. I talked myself into it today. First Rockie in the HOF. All good.

If anyone here ever saw a game at Coors in the 90's, I just have 5 syllables for you:

Laayurrryyyyyy Walk..................................errrrrrrrrrr!

...Just heard Larry Walker made the HOF. I think I have both his green and purp Crusades, so I'm upping my HOF Crusade totals. :cool:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep. I'm OK with it. I talked myself into it today. First Rockie in the HOF. All good.

If anyone here ever saw a game at Coors in the 90's, I just have 5 syllables for you:

Laayurrryyyyyy Walk..................................errrrrrrrrrr!

I guess while working at Coors its mandatory to get shtface drunk during the announcements? :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
The PA guy at the time was Alan Roach, who has this booming baritone voice. He would almost add a third syllable to "Larry", and then after "Walk" there would be a pause, sometimes fairly long, then he would finish it off with an extended "errrrrrrrrr". Yes he may have brought a flask to the booth.

I guess while working at Coors its mandatory to get shtface drunk during the announcements? :lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Flask in the booth, I hope you guys have watched " Brockmire" on IFC or whatever the kids stream on these days. Hank Azaria as a drunk announcer, it is hysterical. Season 3 is on Hulu but I haven't watched it yet, seasons 1 and 2 were wildly entertaining.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yes! Brockmire is f'in fabulous. The episodes I've seen are brilliant.

Flask in the booth, I hope you guys have watched " Brockmire" on IFC or whatever the kids stream on these days. Hank Azaria as a drunk announcer, it is hysterical. Season 3 is on Hulu but I haven't watched it yet, seasons 1 and 2 were wildly entertaining.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Man that's a raw one. I didn't hate it though. In a weird way it reminded me of some early stuff from one of my top-10 bands, Kyuss.

So what is up with you? And any other NC'er out there?

Still on the job hunt here. Which blows. But on the plus side I got the 2000 Pacific Prism Tinsel Silver in the mail today. No question the rarest patten from that set, aside from the little known seldom seen "proof" numbered to 10. Glad to get that one, plus a missing 1998 Tek. Down to 10 patterns to go on that one.

Ok, but you've been warned! :lol: This early one is so funky its comical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ga-0_LIKvE

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Man that's a raw one. I didn't hate it though. In a weird way it reminded me of some early stuff from one of my top-10 bands, Kyuss.

So what is up with you? And any other NC'er out there?

Still on the job hunt here. Which blows. But on the plus side I got the 2000 Pacific Prism Tinsel Silver in the mail today. No question the rarest patten from that set, aside from the little known seldom seen "proof" numbered to 10. Glad to get that one, plus a missing 1998 Tek. Down to 10 patterns to go on that one.

Yeah all the early AIC stuff is awesome, even the ones with over the top lyrics... there's a whole slew of it here-

(the first song repeats, probably because they want to show off how awesomer it is than Bowie's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMaZtZ9KwwY

I'm also wondering where all the NC'ers ran off to, we need replacement refs! Or maybe we just bang the trash cans until they show up? :lol:

Members online