Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew Jan 2020! (balls drop edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah, I hope his foray into the auction world goes well. Once it's up I'll add it to the list of sites I check for additions to the ol' PC.

So immediately after cancelling my (whopping $20) shilled auction, Probstein put that same card right back up. So I put in a much lower bid on it - $6 to be precise :). This same exact thing happened with them before, and when the shilled card went back up I ended up winning it for about 1/10 of my original max bid. It's not a key card for me, but I admit I do like little experiments in psychology like this. We'll see where it ends up. I'll be sure to post about the results, 'cuz I know a lot of people really care about my crappy little auction stories!

Anything new with anyone in night crew land this evening?

The good news in the fight against Probshill is [MENTION=4293]patrick182[/MENTION] is getting into the auctioning game, hopefully he does well! :grouphug:

Shill Army is trying to break down Pats wall and steal his Thomas cards though.. you could say things are getting pretty serious.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The next move vs Probshill is to try to figure out what he collects (if anything) and begin the holy super shill wars.

I have been a bit busy at nights doing the chess.com 2020 correspondence tournament, which is the biggest of its kind (16k people). I had a crazy game where I was ahead in a R v N endgame....then realized had blundered into a complete loss....and then he makes a strange move and I find a drawing resource . . . .that turns out actually to be winning! :p

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well done. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!

My latest thing is scrabble. Nothing too serious, no online tourneys or stuff like that. But I'm playing more and more with friends, some of whom are pretty good, and I do alright. Maybe it's time to test my chops against real players, and also test my ability to react in a healthy manner to getting my a$$ kicked :)

Another thing, while I'm up late and into multiple barley pops. Lately it's occurred to me that I may have made a mistake in my will. Not to get morbid etc, I have no plans to check out any time soon. But I did include a sentence about my card collection in there. Because you should have that in there, right? Basically I just said sell the damn thing and get what you can for it, and the easiest way would probably be one of the big consignment houses like PWCC or Probstein.

But that was a few years ago, and thanks to message boards, Blowout in particular (have to give it up to them), I'm more aware of all the garbage going on with consignment houses like that. Not that my self-proclaimed World's Greatest Robbie Alomar Collection Until Proven Otherwise ™ is going to fetch megabucks, but the thought of these trimmer-friendly and shill-friendly outfits profiting off my years of dedication makes me nauseous.

So anyone have any ideas? At this point, I might just change it to say "sell everything to Burbank".

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Another thing, while I'm up late and into multiple barley pops. Lately it's occurred to me that I may have made a mistake in my will. Not to get morbid etc, I have no plans to check out any time soon. But I did include a sentence about my card collection in there. Because you should have that in there, right? Basically I just said sell the damn thing and get what you can for it, and the easiest way would probably be one of the big consignment houses like PWCC or Probstein.

That's a tough call... I should be thinking of the same thing.

A big problem could be (from what I hear) that there's only 2 guys in the Alomar game, so if the other guy outlasts you who will compete with him? It seems you do need to order a shillami sandwich from Shillstein to get any kind of value. :rolleyes:

I'm out of ideas, there's also that ******** Vintagesnowmobiles, he might buy in bulk idk.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Definitely. We should all think of this. There was a thread about this on FCB a few years ago that got me thinking, and that's actually what spurred me to update the will.

In the end, the two things I care about most are 1) the cards go to good homes, and 2) whoever ends up handling my affairs gets enough money from the sales to make it worth their while. Those are the most important things. But along the way, it would be great if the wallets of these sh!t sellers don't get fatter in the process.

Even though Alomar collectors are a small bunch, I think the sales should still be fairly strong. He's a HOF player, and there are a lot of set builders in the mix. I would guess half the people who outbid me are not after Alomar per se, but are after the set. Maybe I'll just re-word it to say something like this. "You can make the most money by opening an ebay account and selling cards individually. But if you don't want to screw with that, just contact sellers X, Y, Z and sell to whoever makes the best offer". Just make sure the cards get passed along, that your estate gets some cash in return, and keep it simple.

That's a tough call... I should be thinking of the same thing.

A big problem could be (from what I hear) that there's only 2 guys in the Alomar game, so if the other guy outlasts you who will compete with him? It seems you do need to order a shillami sandwich from Shillstein to get any kind of value. :rolleyes:

I'm out of ideas, there's also that ******** Vintagesnowmobiles, he might buy in bulk idk.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I don't know if you internet noobs know this but, and try to keep this secret quiet, the internet is full of real life, non stick figure naked women doing all kinds of crazy things, this isnt the 80s, you don't have to rely on print media and your imagination anymore. Helpful internet tip from me to the night crew...your welcome

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well done. Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat!

I had missed an idea and had to snatch victory all over again, this time I can't do worse than draw... R+p vs N, everything else liquidated off. Not sure if its winnable due to being a rim pawn.

My latest thing is scrabble. Nothing too serious, no online tourneys or stuff like that. But I'm playing more and more with friends, some of whom are pretty good, and I do alright. Maybe it's time to test my chops against real players, and also test my ability to react in a healthy manner to getting my a$$ kicked :)

Yeah, play some real players and see what happens. I've never been a fan of games with words so perhaps the best thing that could happen to you is you lose and ragequit for life! :wink:
Or maybe you do real well and start hustling them, who knows.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't know if you internet noobs know this but, and try to keep this secret quiet, the internet is full of real life, non stick figure naked women doing all kinds of crazy things, this isnt the 80s, you don't have to rely on print media and your imagination anymore. Helpful internet tip from me to the night crew...your welcome

I haven't been able to find a boobs-on-a-stick lady yet, at least like that photo. Detachable boobarms is not only super hot but very convenient. :cool:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Sadly they never drew ladies like that ever again....

every_good_boy_deserves_fudge.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Just saw that "story". I didn't care enough to do any research on this dinkweed, is he strictly just the son of a former coach, did he ever play? Other than his dad being in the game does he have any real reason to be spouting off on things he doesn't actually know about? If he wasn't in the game it seems to me we should treat this sphincter like any other internet troll and ignore it

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I see now the Giants have hired a female coach, clearly a new cheating scandal is coming . . . QueefGate. :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yo.

Trout ain't juicing. And if it's ever proven that he is, I'll eat my 96 Mirror Gold :). It reminds me of the time when a Rockies media guy, Wayne Hagin if I remember right, dropped an oh-by-the-way comment that Todd Helton was roiding. It was funny how quickly he disappeared...not quite as fast as Brosius Junior's twitter account, but pretty fast.

In other news I'm looking for a job. This whole process sucks much, much ass. Hope you all are happy and secure in your employment and don't have to go through this process any time soon.

Members online