Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the best HOLDER or PROTECTION for Vintage Unopened Topps Wax Packs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highly Trouted

Jan 27, 2011
Wisconsin
Hi FCB Members. I am looking to find what is best for a holder or protection for wax packs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I've never preserved any wax packs, but I would imagine that toploaders for really thick cards and booklet cards that would work for quick, easy protection. I'm sure there are screw-down holders for thick, oversized cards that would offer better protection for the pack. Any open space around the top, bottom, and sides of the pack could be filled with foam or cotton to keep the pack from shifting around. You could also submit it to PSA for grading or just to have it put in a slab.

I know that wax stains are a common issue for the top and bottom cards, but is there any concern with the middle cards getting stained on the edges?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I have a few and put them in a team bag with a top loader on the back for sturdiness. Mine are only from 1980/82, so not super rare or expensive. If they are say pre-75 and you know they're real, you might want to send them in to get authenticated and slabbed for real good protection.

Highly Trouted

Jan 27, 2011
Wisconsin
I am trying to collect one pack from 1974 to present and display them. Good point on the older packs, which I don't have, but will probably buy them slabbed.

Highly Trouted

Jan 27, 2011
Wisconsin
See above, I am starting to fill the 80's now and then will work backwards buying slabbed 1970's packs. The 1990's should be easy as well as 2000's, 2010's it is just finding them that is the problem.

Latest posts