Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My new favorite ebay transaction complaint.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I just got done dealing with this guy (robsphotos) who I won this item from:1.png

Item ended last night (1/8/20) at 8:53PM (All times in this thread are PST). Side note, I was sick yesterday and didn't even log on to ebay at all. This was a snipe bid I had set up previously.

Later that night, the seller messages me. He is apparently glad I won the item, and he likes my user name. This message arrived 1/8/20 at 10:16PM (I was asleep by then):2.png

I went to work today (1/9/20) and while at work, this happened, a payment reminder sent to me at 1/9/20 at 3:58PM:3.png

Work frowns on us playing on ebay on their time, so I don't log on unless there is something EPIC, once in a lifetime that I can't miss. This did not happen today, so I was not on ebay in the middle of a work day!

Then the transaction was cancelled 1/9/20 at 6:49PM: 4.png

I had gotten home from work around 5:45PM, opened my mail, posted my new Dodger autos in my thread (6:51PM, by the way) and then checked ebay to see this all had happened, so I message the seller and ask why he cancelled the transaction? It had been less than 24 hours since I won and he seemed to eager to sell this to me at first. What had happened over the day?.

I figure maybe he was upset at the price and was backing out, then notice that he had relisted the item, so I go to ask a question from that listing as to why it was available since I had won it and I get an automated message saying I can't ask this seller a question. I then try to place a bid, suspecting I had been blocked. Sure enough, I had been blocked! WTF? Do I even know this guy from Adam? What is his problem?

I then send him a 2nd message, frustrated at all of this, wanting to know why he is acting this way:7.png

Meanwhile, he had replied to my original message twice:

5.png
6.png

When I finally see his replies, I send a third message, explaining my situation and sharing how ridiculous I thought it was for him to cancel this transaction so fast:8.png

Finally, I decided I didn't care if I got the item or dealt with this guy again, so I ended it with a simple assessment of my perception of his mental state! 9.png

Yes, I could have been a little more polite in message 2 and 3, but I felt I kept it reasonable considering what had transpired in the last 24 hours, aside from calling him a nut. Perhaps I could have talked my way into having him complete the transaction, but given what I saw to that point, I was not even going to bother to try. This is definitely a new one for me. I am just glad it was not anything i really wanted or needed.

Has anyone else had the pleasure of losing out on an item and perhaps at the same time received a bonus of being blocked because they didn't pay within 24 hours? How about any sellers willing to admit that they agree with this aggressive selling approach and have maybe done the same to a buyer who was just too damn slow to pay your impatient ass? Seriously, I'd like to hear a good reason for this kind of behavior from a seller, especially considering my track record as an ebay member with over 10,000 feedback, not a zero newby.

I continue to be amazed by human behavior each and every day.

Last edited:

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Wow, I have no idea what was going through his head here. I've never even sent a payment reminder email until it was like 4-5 days. Even if he was insanely strict about a 24 hour policy for some reason, he cancelled it in less than that... Like you said, I think he's just a nut.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
If you need the tickets, I can bid on them for you..

Also.. I just won a card from COMC's EBAY account and I received a payment reminder within the first 24 hours..

comc-auto.JPG

comc-notice.JPG

For a business like COMC to respond like that is amazing..

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Almost every item I win now I get a payment reminder the next day. I won an auction a few months ago that the seller stated payment due in 24 hours no if's and's or but's , I paid in an hour. It took 3 weeks to get the card form the same state I live in. So guess what. I gave him a neg and wrote. You want payment in 24 hr's but take 3 weeks to get card " no if's and's or but's "

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Also.. I just won a card from COMC's EBAY account and I received a payment reminder within the first 24 hours..
For a business like COMC to respond like that is amazing..

That may be an automated reminder from ebay...but wouldn't surprise me if COMC generated it either, given their recent changes which are an apparent shift toward a profit-based business rather than a collector's marketplace.

I won an auction a few months ago that the seller stated payment due in 24 hours no if's and's or but's , I paid in an hour. It took 3 weeks to get the card form the same state I live in. So guess what. I gave him a neg and wrote. You want payment in 24 hr's but take 3 weeks to get card " no if's and's or but's "

+1 Fantastic!!! It always irks me when a seller takes longer than a week to ship an item after payment is made, especially if they're demanding that payment be made within a day.

Jul 22, 2016
I agree the guy is a nut. He’s the same as buyers who expect something to be shipped the instant it is paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I agree the guy is a nut. He’s the same as buyers who expect something to be shipped the instant it is paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the people who start demanding tracking as soon as they have paid. I generate them a tracking number then throw their package in my "Mail when I get around to it" pile.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I watched the relisted auction and it ended tonight. I have to admit I received a small amount of personal satisfaction seeing that the item sold for open bid price, $2.50 less than what I had won it for. The guy actually cost himself money jerking me around! WINNER!!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I watched the relisted auction and it ended tonight. I have to admit I received a small amount of personal satisfaction seeing that the item sold for open bid price, $2.50 less than what I had won it for. The guy actually cost himself money jerking me around! WINNER!!

This always makes me smile! :)

Members online