Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any secret steps to remove a ink spot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
So I just bought a awesome '67 Mantle. Its in great shape besides a little soft corner on the bottom right and this:

67mantle.jpg

Any ideas how to remove this little dot of ink with out ruining the card or do I just have to live with it?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Looks ok to me. If you try to remove it you will only make the card way worse and you will be kicking yourself in the nuts. It could also be from the printing process. Just live with it.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Looks ok to me. If you try to remove it you will only make the card way worse and you will be kicking yourself in the nuts. It could also be from the printing process. Just live with it.

I'm not going to touch it unless there was a sure fire way to remove it. I still love card. Perfectly centered, no major issues besides the soft corner and this red ink spot. Will be submitting it to grading sometime. Thanks for the info!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Can you tell if it is actually ink applied after the card was made? It looks like some stray magenta printing ink to me. In fact, there is a small group of people who chase these types of things (if it is a factory print defect) and sometimes offer a premium for them, depending on the error and how common it is on copies of said card. You might check online and see if that same dot appears on other Mantle cards.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Can you tell if it is actually ink applied after the card was made? It looks like some stray magenta printing ink to me. In fact, there is a small group of people who chase these types of things (if it is a factory print defect) and sometimes offer a premium for them, depending on the error and how common it is on copies of said card. You might check online and see if that same dot appears on other Mantle cards.

Could be a print defect. Not really sure though.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
pd. and any foolish attempt at removing it would be considered an alteration, thus substantially decreasing the value of the card and your customer base simultaneously. leave it be.

Members online