Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Son of Ex-Mariners Coach Accuses Mike Trout of Using HGH Through MLB Loophole

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
He may have a med exemption. I see nothing wrong with that. How many players have asthma and use an inhaler? And what is the #1 ingredient in those? Steroid. I use one.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
The son of a coach... no possible way he didn't get the full story on something or isn't looking for his 15 minutes of relevance, screw that guy. Stuff like this irritates me.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
He may have a med exemption. I see nothing wrong with that. How many players have asthma and use an inhaler? And what is the #1 ingredient in those? Steroid. I use one.

Yeah if he has a thyroid condition he's likely on thyroid hormone replacement therapy, not a chance he's getting approve for HGH for his thyroid that just wouldn't make any sense. I think what happened here is the kid (and his father) doesn't know the difference between human growth hormone and thyroid hormone. If he's taking thyroid hormone he's doing so to keep his thyroglobulin levels stable.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The greatest part of the whole story is "son of ex-Mariners coach" instead of "son of World Series MVP" :lol: I've noticed media do this before, if you want to undermine someone don't say their main career stop . . .mention their Mariners cup of coffee.

btw, if the "son of a b#tch!!!" phrase ever gets replaced with "you son of a ex-Mariners coach!" I could die happy. :)

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The greatest part of the whole story is "son of ex-Mariners coach" instead of "son of World Series MVP" :lol: I've noticed media do this before, if you want to undermine someone don't say their main career stop . . .mention their Mariners cup of coffee.
The media is not calling him an ex-Mariners coach to undermine him. It's because it's relevant to the tweet and story. The son's tweet says his dad, when he was a coach, and the Mariners, knew about the Astros cheating, and knew of players like Trout using alleged loopholes to take PEDs.
Calling Brosius a World Series MVP has absolutely no relevance to the story, but being a coach does, since it's when the incidents happened.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The media is not calling him an ex-Mariners coach to undermine him. It's because it's relevant to the tweet and story. The son's tweet says his dad, when he was a coach, and the Mariners, knew about the Astros cheating, and knew of players like Trout using alleged loopholes to take PEDs.
Calling Brosius a World Series MVP has absolutely no relevance to the story, but being a coach does, since it's when the incidents happened.

Hey now... lets not allow facts, logic, and reasoning to get in the way of my fun! :lol:

Was Brosius the 3rd base coach who had an affinity for sending guys home regardless of situation/player speed/ball location etc etc? I remember a stretch where slow guys were getting thrown out at home ad nauseam by 3 strides. :confused: Its all a blur.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Hey now... lets not allow facts, logic, and reasoning to get in the way of my fun! :lol:

Was Brosius the 3rd base coach who had an affinity for sending guys home regardless of situation/player speed/ball location etc etc? I remember a stretch where slow guys were getting thrown out at home ad nauseam by 3 strides. :confused: Its all a blur.

Reminds me of Wendell "wave 'em in' Kim. 3rb base coach for the Sox, and other, for a bit, I'm not sure he knew how to hold two hands up in the air at the same time.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Back in 2012 or so, when Trout first got crazy hot, someone on the old board came on and posted pretty much this exact same thing. Obviously it was nothing, but it's funny to see this come back now.