User Tag List

Thread: Son of Ex-Mariners Coach Accuses Mike Trout of Using HGH Through MLB Loophole

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son of Ex-Mariners Coach Accuses Mike Trout of Using HGH Through MLB Loophole

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He may have a med exemption. I see nothing wrong with that. How many players have asthma and use an inhaler? And what is the #1 ingredient in those? Steroid. I use one.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The son of a coach... no possible way he didn't get the full story on something or isn't looking for his 15 minutes of relevance, screw that guy. Stuff like this irritates me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    He may have a med exemption. I see nothing wrong with that. How many players have asthma and use an inhaler? And what is the #1 ingredient in those? Steroid. I use one.
    Yeah if he has a thyroid condition he's likely on thyroid hormone replacement therapy, not a chance he's getting approve for HGH for his thyroid that just wouldn't make any sense. I think what happened here is the kid (and his father) doesn't know the difference between human growth hormone and thyroid hormone. If he's taking thyroid hormone he's doing so to keep his thyroglobulin levels stable.
    Collecting Roger Maris, Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, and Jimmy Rollins

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go to the patriots if you’re on steroids, you’ll be a super bowl mvp

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Bay-buyer-09
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmmm sounds like what a whole bunch of people said about Canseco before he proved himself RIGHT.....

Bay-buyer-09
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    The son of a coach... no possible way he didn't get the full story on something or isn't looking for his 15 minutes of relevance, screw that guy. Stuff like this irritates me.
    I meant to reply on this with that....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The greatest part of the whole story is "son of ex-Mariners coach" instead of "son of World Series MVP" I've noticed media do this before, if you want to undermine someone don't say their main career stop . . .mention their Mariners cup of coffee.

btw, if the "son of a b#tch!!!" phrase ever gets replaced with "you son of a ex-Mariners coach!" I could die happy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    The greatest part of the whole story is "son of ex-Mariners coach" instead of "son of World Series MVP" I've noticed media do this before, if you want to undermine someone don't say their main career stop . . .mention their Mariners cup of coffee.
    The media is not calling him an ex-Mariners coach to undermine him. It's because it's relevant to the tweet and story. The son's tweet says his dad, when he was a coach, and the Mariners, knew about the Astros cheating, and knew of players like Trout using alleged loopholes to take PEDs.
    Calling Brosius a World Series MVP has absolutely no relevance to the story, but being a coach does, since it's when the incidents happened.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The media is not calling him an ex-Mariners coach to undermine him. It's because it's relevant to the tweet and story. The son's tweet says his dad, when he was a coach, and the Mariners, knew about the Astros cheating, and knew of players like Trout using alleged loopholes to take PEDs.
    Calling Brosius a World Series MVP has absolutely no relevance to the story, but being a coach does, since it's when the incidents happened.
    Hey now... lets not allow facts, logic, and reasoning to get in the way of my fun!

Was Brosius the 3rd base coach who had an affinity for sending guys home regardless of situation/player speed/ball location etc etc? I remember a stretch where slow guys were getting thrown out at home ad nauseam by 3 strides. Its all a blur.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Hey now... lets not allow facts, logic, and reasoning to get in the way of my fun!

Was Brosius the 3rd base coach who had an affinity for sending guys home regardless of situation/player speed/ball location etc etc? I remember a stretch where slow guys were getting thrown out at home ad nauseam by 3 strides. Its all a blur.
    Reminds me of Wendell "wave 'em in' Kim. 3rb base coach for the Sox, and other, for a bit, I'm not sure he knew how to hold two hands up in the air at the same time.

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in 2012 or so, when Trout first got crazy hot, someone on the old board came on and posted pretty much this exact same thing. Obviously it was nothing, but it's funny to see this come back now.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042