Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Two sides of the eBay coin...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So I was recently searching heritage Mets autos for my Mets collection, and I came across an odd one.
IMG_9655.JPG
As you can see, it was signed in some sort of pen and then gone over in marker. I’ve never seen that before on a heritage card, and even his other ones seem to be signed normally.
IMG_9656.JPG
So I sent the seller a message...
IMG_9653.JPG
And the response I got...
....IMG_9652.JPG

Now if that doesn’t throw up a bunch of red flags...Somehow they never noticed it was “dual signed”, they purchased it a few years ago and are now selling it “in good faith”, and then there’s that bit about not lowering the price...I never said anything about a discount...and it’s got a best offer option, so technically the price could go lower...

No matter tho, getting that response back, I wouldn’t touch this with a ten foot pole...
(I know I censored this but it’s easily found on eBay, I’m not trying to call the seller out, just saying what a weird response it was and how I’d never touch it now)

The other side of the coin...

then I found a seller with multiple heritage I needed for my Mets collection. I emailed them about making a bulk deal and they couldn’t have been nicer. They had great communication, were easy to work with and a deal came together quickly that was mutually beneficial to both parties. Them, I will give a shout out too...
IMG_9657.JPG
Quickconsignment_802 and as you can see, it shows in their feedback. Probably one of the best sellers I’ve dealt with on eBay...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe Choo was used to signing in ink and just got going and realized sharpie was required? Might be an oddity someone desires even? Now that he is deceased, it may make it more desirable. I wouldn't care for it personally, but others may.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Maybe Choo was used to signing in ink and just got going and realized sharpie was required? Might be an oddity someone desires even? Now that he is deceased, it may make it more desirable. I wouldn't care for it personally, but others may.

Doesn’t seem like too many people desire it, it’s at a pretty good price with a best offer option, at least compared to the others out there. So unless the guy is just denying every best offer he gets, if it was desired it should be long gone.

I’m also not a fan but was considering due to price, but after that response, I’m out.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Honestly I don't have any problems with the seller's response. He wasn't rude, he answered your question, and he said thanks.

As a seller, I'd probably take offense at your initial question. The tone of it seems to imply you think the seller altered the card. Since the card is authenticated by Topps, I'd tell you to ask them what happened. both autos look good, so I'm inclined towards the seller's explanation of the cards were to be signed in Sharpie and Choo-Choo resigned it to comply. Maybe the Topps Representative pointed it out to him.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The explanation suggested by the seller seems perfectly plausible. His reaction might seem defensive, but ebay's been overrun by a-holes the last few years who want price cuts or partial refunds for everything.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The explanation suggested by the seller seems perfectly plausible. His reaction might seem defensive, but ebay's been overrun by a-holes the last few years who want price cuts or partial refunds for everything.

I had a guy try that on me, big surprise right, but I sell pretty infrequently. The magazine was described perfectly with plenty of photos. I always put in a line about asking me if there are any questions or issues. The pages had a warped effect, like the thing had ben wet before, but it didn't seem like it had. I even mentioned that specifically. The guy "offered to keep it" if I discounted his purchase price. I said no, it was described exactly as it was sold and offered a full refund. He declined (because this was his intention from the start I fully believe), then left me a negative comment, saying it was much worse than described.

Not implying anything here Mr.Met, strictly a coincidence, but this guy was clearly a Mets fan/buyer from his feedback and it appears he had tried it more than a few times with other sellers too from his feedback left for others! Total POS!

Members online