Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jeter Topps RC makes history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There's another one: Tony Kubek (1957 Topps) is in the HOF as a broadcaster.
And since Cox was honored as a manager, Jeter's the only one to get in as a player.
That's just mind-blowing, since Topps has been around for almost 70 years.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
1951-Bowman-253-Mickey-Mantle-rookie-card.jpg

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Nov 6, 2019
Arizona
Seriously? How does anyone keep track of this stat? In 70+ years of topps, only 2 are shown in NYY uniform on a RC card? No way.

How many Yankee players are in the HOF?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I've asked this question to many and nearly no one gets it right without hints and honestly I don't blame them.

Thought process goes like this:

Mantle Ford Yogi DiMaggio Ruth Gehrig are all first thoughts but they were before 1952 topps.

Then Reggie Rickey Winfield Boggs etc etc who weren't on the yanks during their rookie season.

Then Mariano but he's in street clothes.

Then most give up because who remembers Cox as a Yankee?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
And even then, Cox didn't go in as a player. So you could be more technically correct to say Jeter is the only one. Even more technically correct if you say it's zero because his Topps, Bowman, and Stadium Club cards don't show him in actual game uniform but t-shirts and practice jerseys.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I've asked this question to many and nearly no one gets it right without hints and honestly I don't blame them.

Thought process goes like this:

Mantle Ford Yogi DiMaggio Ruth Gehrig are all first thoughts but they were before 1952 topps.

Then Reggie Rickey Winfield Boggs etc etc who weren't on the yanks during their rookie season.

Then Mariano but he's in street clothes.

Then most give up because who remembers Cox as a Yankee?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Are you saying that the Bowman Rivera would count if he were in uniform, because it was a Topps product?.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
even throwing in mariano, i still woulda thought “no way”.

the catches being “topps” and “rookie card” takes mantle and all his hof predecessors outta play.

wonder who might be next?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

Reminds me of a simpler time when something like that card might have actually been that players first card issued. Part of the reason I have no desire to chase modern rookies. You practically need a PHD to figure it out sometimes, and then still someone will argue a counterpoint as to why some other card is the "true" rookie.

jam022316

Jul 31, 2018
No one to add but I gotta say this is a cool baseball card trivia question. I never stopped to think about it. I bet there’s a lot of cool facts like this.

Members online