Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Feb Night Crew . . . Spring Training?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
No, I never saw it. Or even heard about it. And if I had, I probably wouldn't have watched it. Eating a light bulb would be a more enjoyable way to spend my time.

Well, you could also eat a lightbulb and watch it at the same time!? :idea:

The Lederer one is probably worse, I shouldn't have called them similar. He magically doesn't know how the money was stolen yet was buying new cars. hmmm.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, now that you put it that way, it does kinda sound like fun. Chewing on glass and metal while listening to larcenous frauds explain to me why they're not technically larcenous frauds!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
On a lighter note, I got one of these in the mail yesterday. A 2019 Topps Chrome Greatness Returns Green Refractor /99 with Lindor. I couldn't care less about this subset, but I was smitten by that deep green color.

s-l500.jpg

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, now that you put it that way, it does kinda sound like fun. Chewing on glass and metal while listening to larcenous frauds explain to me why they're not technically larcenous frauds!

This is sounding like a superhero backstory. :cool: Perhaps some electric powers that can illuminate bullshtters while they talk? and then shoot shards at them.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
On a lighter note, I got one of these in the mail yesterday. A 2019 Topps Chrome Greatness Returns Green Refractor /99 with Lindor. I couldn't care less about this subset, but I was smitten by that deep green color.

View attachment 96755

Very nice! Imagine that duo at the top of a lineup.

Deep green color you say? Well in that case I believe I have an AJ Hinch green Crusade to sell you my friend! :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Oh man, what do you want for it? Hinch cards are on fire right now!

Something out of your tablecloth portfolio? I shamefully must admit to having zero tablecloth baseball cards. :eek:

The funny thing is I have a Dusty Baker TTM auto from years back, so I have the monopoly on annoying Stros manager cards.... I might even have an AJ Hinch purple Crusade too! :)

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I agree I think accountability is low on the list of traits people possess. I think it's always been low but in today's age where more and more people hide behind various avatars online I think that has given people a feeling that they can get away with more, combine that with the ""everyone gets a trophy" attitude of our society and many people feel that things are not their fault.
Working with the general public, both as a supervisor and a worker I can firmly say the average person has the accountability of Rafael Palmiero wagging his finger lying to the US government.
My favorite non apologies these days are the athletes who get busted for a banned substance then say "I never knowingly took that". Well by all means sir, here is your free pass you're not a cheater you're just plain dumb for not checking something that could jeopardize your million dollar career.
Again, I don't view the sign stealing as this whole huge embarrassment that many do because, as I've said all teams are doing something, but listening to all these people coming out now saying oh I should have tried harder or done more...shut up, you're just trying to saving face. Where's the guy that's going to say, yeah we did it we had a great system and I loved it

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I saw 14 teams and didn't need to read any more, what makes the baseball postseason so amazing is that it's the longest season with the smallest number if teams receiving the pay off for all that work

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I saw 14 teams and didn't need to read any more, what makes the baseball postseason so amazing is that it's the longest season with the smallest number if teams receiving the pay off for all that work

Then you missed the worst part! The top seeded teams get to pick their opponent in a reality TV style show. :|

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah. I get why the NFL, NBA, and NHL let half the league into the playoffs. More money! But when you consistently reward 0.500 teams with postseason play, it's just stupid. The only thing worse is college football, where today a 6-6 record almost guarantees you a spot in some bowl or other.

But it was fun to see Patrick and Mayne looking so young...until it reminded me how old I am :)

...what makes the baseball postseason so amazing is that it's the longest season with the smallest number if teams receiving the pay off for all that work

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
With so many teams tanking in baseball nowadays a 14 team playoff would be so brutal. September would already be decided minus a few sub .500 teams trying to get hot for the last spot. Divisions wouldn't matter much either, you just need to get a first round bye.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I didn't read about the show, but I saw it mentioned. It's a business and the point of a business is to make as much money as you can but this just feels awful. I will say Manfred might have ideas that I hate but he certainly is trying any idea to bring in younger/more fans

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
It will gain some views, but might kill a lot of the regular season beforehand. Going from 4 to 5 already messed things up a bit as team realize a best of 1 is too volatile and even if you do win you just burned your best pitcher for the LDS.

Replace Manfred with Fredfred! :grouphug:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I don't know about Porcello as the Commish, but I totally agree with the asinine best of 1 playoff series. Taking the teams with the 4th and 5th best records in the league after 162 games and sticking them into a playoff game is one of the worst MLB ideas of my lifetime. The only point is that you add one more high-drama game to the playoffs, and the losing team can still get to boast they still "made the playoffs". Yes, I'm looking at you, Colorado Rockies 2017 and 2018.

The only way there should be a 1-game series is if two teams are in a tie at the end of the season. If two teams play 162 games and are dead even, then sure, play game 163. That is equitable. But if one team finishes the season with the 4th best record, then that should be the wild card team, end of story. Don't make them do a coin flip with a 1-game playoff, against a team which was NOT AS GOOD over 162 games, to determine who advances. I really hate this one!

It will gain some views, but might kill a lot of the regular season beforehand. Going from 4 to 5 already messed things up a bit as team realize a best of 1 is too volatile and even if you do win you just burned your best pitcher for the LDS.

Replace Manfred with Fredfred! :grouphug:

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yep, its funny how the new wildcard system was supposed to help bad teams compete but if you have a high win% team in your division those teams are more likely to hit the rebuild button (Mariners)

Who knows who the next commish will be, but it will probably be one of Manfreds friends. I just hope the next head of the players union will be someone as angry as Trevor Bauer! :)

Btw, I have Fay Vincents auto on my 1990 Score TTM set. He doesn't appear on the card but the text says something like "Vincent delays series due to earthquake"

Members online