Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Feb Night Crew . . . Spring Training?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
As for Dick, could it possibly have something to do with the "hard" in Richard? Ric-hard Dic-hard? :confused: We seem to be only getting more questions in this daunting mystery.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I guess that's as good an explanation as any, good old ****ney rhyming slang.
I do love the phrase "every Jefferson, Nixon and Truman", thanks Futurama.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Whats new?

I recently saw Parasite, and yes.. it was badass. Amazing. Those douches at the Oscars actually picked a winner for once. :)

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Just back home after a weekend at my brother's place in Wyoming. Good to see them, especially the kids who are growing up at an unreasonably fast rate. The drive home was fine, but I was going south and east to Denver. Everyone who was going north and west from Laramie was stuck by road closures due to blowing snow etc etc. Conditions up there in the winter suck ass, and the I-80 corridor is no exception. Otherwise I'm still just looking for a job. What about you?

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Checking in, what's going on? I've been organizing my collection a bit along with a forgotten room in my house. I've been interviewing to run a local gym for my next job, I have my final interview on Monday.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Best wishes on the interview. To impress those at the gym, make sure to tell them you like to "get physical, get animal, let my body talk" :confused:

I really like the joke Brett Anderson of Oakland A's said about his team being too ghetto to even cheat.
"Power outage means curveball, sewer backup means fastball." :lol: Oakland can't even afford the trash cans!!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So it seems from this vid that Mitch Haniger has had 173 more injuries and 45 more surgeries since busting his nut last year. :shock: I gotta feel bad for the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUrKsRJVPNY&feature=emb_title

btw, while Haniger talks about his painful injuries in the vid you can clearly see [MENTION=12279]banjar[/MENTION] shimmy up those cactus plants to harvest them. :lol:

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Most of you may not know this, but I am the founder and proprietor of Banjar's Career Services. It's definitely a for-profit venture, but at times like this I am happy to provide a little pro-bono work. Whenever I interview for jobs at gyms, I take great care to dress appropriately. I keep a box with a gray sweatshirt and lots of foam pads in my closet, and I highly recommend that bstanwood does the same.

hansfranz.jpg

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Most of you may not know this, but I am the founder and proprietor of Banjar's Career Services. It's definitely a for-profit venture, but at times like this I am happy to provide a little pro-bono work. Whenever I interview for jobs at gyms, I take great care to dress appropriately. I keep a box with a gray sweatshirt and lots of foam pads in my closet, and I highly recommend that bstanwood does the same.

View attachment 96960

And not take a shower or bath for days before hand ? :eek:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos

View attachment 96960

He will pump *claps* you up?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

View attachment 96960

So my first interview with this guy was on facetime because he's all over new england, I had no idea what the dress code protocol was. I had the legit thought to dress like Hans and Franz and if he didn't like it he wouldn't be someone I could work for. Of course I couldn't pull the trigger so I put on a button up shirt and my shorts.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
You can test their leniency a little, just don't say "me Chinese, me play joke, me go peepee in your coke" when they ask where you see yourself in 5 years ... lesson learned the hard way. :|

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Great minds thinking alike! I've had those kinds of thoughts before during interviews, you know, to say something off the wall and see if they have a sense of humor or not. But so many people are so stiff with corporate correctness that I've always played it straight...

So my first interview with this guy was on facetime because he's all over new england, I had no idea what the dress code protocol was. I had the legit thought to dress like Hans and Franz and if he didn't like it he wouldn't be someone I could work for. Of course I couldn't pull the trigger so I put on a button up shirt and my shorts.

Members online