Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Million Card Rip Party...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Topps had their own stream going on their site, but the parts I saw were talking heads going on and on about the set. Individual breakers were linked off that page so you had 25 individual streams. For what was intended to be a "celebratory" event it turned into a real slog quickly. I watched about 2 minutes of one stream. Just ripping, pulling out the insert, and tossing the rest on the pile. The BO boards followed it more closely, and they said it was a s-show. Topps gave the breakers no info or guides on the variations so lots of SPs/variants/parallels were missed. And since at least some breakers apparently weren't going to ship out the base cards from their breaks, they probably threw out on thousands in value. People said they were just going so fast, no energy, rarely pointing out anything interesting, and by halfway through the breakers only paused for a moment when they found a low-numbered parallel or auto. I guess it was just a race to rip a million cards, like there was a time limit. Not a "break" where each pack is studied and hits really scrutinized.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Sounds pretty crappy. It annoys me when I'm in a break and the breaker just flips through the base cards looking for an insert, handling the cards in a manner that could ding or bend corners, especially if I'm expecting to receive some of those base cards. It's even worse when they have dumb little phrases or sayings that they repeat when something good pops up in a pack. Might have to go find the videos and take a look for a bit.

WaxPax

Alonso opened the ceremonial first pack...with his teeth....LOL

XZ8yGYsl.png

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am guessing that each person had to maintain some sort of quick pace to get though everything in a certain time frame, but I skipped around in this video and see that at least a couple guys would skip right to the center of the pack, where it seems all the inserts were placed. Really minimizes the collecting aspect and focuses on the gambling aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdZJXoH2J40

Members online