Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Betts and Price to the Dodgers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
OK. Well then.

In a related story, odds of the Rockies winning their first division title in 2020 - which would be their first in their 28 years - just went from 0.1% to 0.0%.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Love to see how the Sox will spin this one.

I can sum up the press conference.

z4gjlihcqbb21.jpg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
That trade just saved the Red sox 60 million in salary for this year. That was the Rays total team salary last year. And the Rays were in the playoffs and the Sox were not.

Imagine that.

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Am I the only person who doesn't see this as the worst thing in the world for the Red Sox? Mookie is an amazing player, probably the second best position player in baseball but I don't think this team with or without mookie is a playoff team. They get back a promising young outfielder and a pitcher that's either going to be a 3/4 type starter or a total bust. Mookie had no intention, based on everything I read and heard, on staying in Boston so why not get something? Gonna miss the playoffs either way.
A win for Boston would have been to sign Mookie to an extension a few years ago and not be in this mess. A loss for Boston would have been to keep him for his last year, bomb out of the playoffs and then he walks. This trade probably lands closer to the win than the loss.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Looks like the Twins are the third team getting Maeda, while sending Brusdar Graterol to the Red Sox
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I saw the rumors on Twitter just as the deal was happening and saw one of the Twins local reporters Tweet to keep an eye on the Twins. I couldn't put my phone down at all until the deal was announced and still had to keep reading to see what the Twins faithful were saying on Twitter. I'm happy with the deal. Graterol could throw gas, that's for sure, but I'm guessing they were good doing the straight 1 for 1 swap for Maeda as they see Graterol being a reliever long term and not making it as a starter. Maeda is cost controlled, but also comes with an incentive laden deal, which still isn't bad at all. Can't complain about getting him for 4 years for a potential reliever.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Hmm, this could put a kink in my Dodger auto collection for 2020. Betts is not cheap!

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
and will only get pricier. wasn't ever really well received up in beantown. and clearly begging to get outta there himself by turning down that last offer. his 12/420 asking price is/was a pipe dream, imo.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've never heard a red Sox fan say they didn't like mookie. The reaction to the trade was incredibly negative. Any game I ever went to the place went crazy every time he came to bat. I'm not sure why you think he wasn't well received.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
he wasnt. and never said he was loathed in boston. of course they cheered.

naturally youre welcomed to your opinion, but cardboard prices are pretty stern indicators of what’s what.

for mookie to have the credentials that he already has and his prices to be as flat as theyve always been says quite alot.

couple that w/ the contracts he passed on and the number he countered with says a lot more than cheers during at bats.

Last edited:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Looks like the twins are out of the deal and Jeter Downs is heading east along with a 3rd player I have yet to see named...this is better for the Red Sox

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Looks like the twins are out of the deal and Jeter Downs is heading east along with a 3rd player I have yet to see named...this is better for the Red Sox

Catching prospect Connor Wong

And lols like the Twins and Dodgers are doing a separate deal with Maeda and Graterol as the centerpieces but possibly other people involved also..

Then there’s the Dodgers deal with the Angels to finish also

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online