Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Checklist Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Anyone know of a good resource for updating your player checklists as new sets are released? I had been using Baseballcardpedia.com for all new Thomas cards, but since the "search by player" feature seems to be defunct and may not get fixed, I have to turn elsewhere. Too bad because player search on Baseballcardpedia was perfect to copy/paste into Excel or Google sheets with minimal formatting required.

I've looked at Tradingcarddb, Sportscardslist, and SportsLots but they're not very conducive to copy/paste with their page formats and not as up-to-date as BCP. Beckett would be a decent option, but I can't find a way to export to Excel or other format. Where do some of you guys go when you want to put all new releases in your player checklists each year? Thanks!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I wish I had a good answer for you, but I don't. And I'm a pathological checklist-updater when it comes to my PC. What I end up doing is looking at new releases when they come out, seeing if Robbie's in there, and then hitting cardboardconnection or beckett to find the checklist. Then I manually type that crap into my excel sheet. But of course these company checklists, as transcribed by web programmers, contain errors. So as things get listed on ebay I update the checklist and fix errors.

Like I say, not a good answer. Primitive as hell.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Same here, that database error has been showing for a long time on baseballcardpedia.com, which super sucks.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
None of the better checklist sites allow any kind of convenient export option as they are all paranoid that it will result in someone swiping their entire database and starting a competing site. While there is some merit to that paranoia, I also think people will always use the better site, and not a substandard knock-off. As long as a site provides an ever improving experience, there is no reason for users to bail to the flavor of the week. But that's just my $0.02, and I don't run a checklist site.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
None of the better checklist sites allow any kind of convenient export option as they are all paranoid that it will result in someone swiping their entire database and starting a competing site. While there is some merit to that paranoia, I also think people will always use the better site, and not a substandard knock-off. As long as a site provides an ever improving experience, there is no reason for users to bail to the flavor of the week. But that's just my $0.02, and I don't run a checklist site.

I agree...I would always trust the main site because it's usually the first to be updated. Hopefully the issue with Baseballcardpedia is a quick fix like a broken reference and not an accidental database deletion...yikes!

Members online