Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An amazing Felix Hernandez PC addition - with a huge THANK YOU to Dustin / Hawk8!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I want to give a public shout out and thank you to Dustin, AKA [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

Over the years, I've made friends with some long term members I've met here on FCB over the years. A few of us chat every day, share our thoughts/fun/life/etc via an ongoing group chat and the occasional phone call, and have really grown into a uniquely bonded relationship together.

I haven't posted a pickup in quite a while, mainly because I haven't had much to share as pickups have certainly dwindled after becoming (a very proud) parent so beyond our friendly annual Secret Santa we do each year, I wasn't budgeted for much of anything card/hobby wise over the last half decade.

I shared with our group a certain Felix Hernandez card I had my eyes on recently. It was one that I know I would more than love to have and own, and it was one of those "dream" cards where the dream was even to bring it up to the Mrs. to see if there would be a chance to fund something like a PC card while other (good) family financial priorities are always in line. I had gotten enough courage to make my case to my wife about possibly going after this card, but by that time it had already sold which wasn't surprising.

Last week I was collecting our mail, and noticed I had a package. A VERY unexpected and surprising package...and I'm still in shock, awe, and beyond gratitude for what is now one of the top PC cards I have ever had the chance to have:
2016 Topps Dynasty Felix Hernandez MLB Logoman Patch Autograph 1/1:
yvkKX8Bl.jpg

57bBvlYl.jpg

Dustin, thank you so very much. Your friendship, generosity, and all around positive support those lucky enough to be in your presence have the chance to experience are beyond words. This card will (of course) forever remain in my PC, and this is a beyond great example of a time where the moment of receiving a card and feeling super appreciated greatly overtakes the niceness of the card itself. I am forever grateful, thankful, and in your debt to you. Thank you for our friendship, thank you for the Felix card, thank you for experiencing every day with me and our group chat, and thank you for the positive things you allow life with and around you. Hats off to you Dustin...this is just one story that hints to your amazing character and well being. I'm still at a loss for words even though they keep rambling out.

Thanks for reading everyone, and sharing this amazing experience and PC add!

Alex

Last edited:

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
metallicalex777, Congrats on the huge PC add!

Way to go Dustin!! We do have the best group of people at FCB!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I want to give a public shout out and thank you to Dustin, AKA [MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

Over the years, I've made friends with some long term members I've met here on FCB over the years. A few of us chat every day, share our thoughts/fun/life/etc via an ongoing group chat and the occasional phone call, and have really grown into a uniquely bonded relationship together.

I haven't posted a pickup in quite a while, mainly because I haven't had much to share as pickups have certainly dwindled after becoming (a very proud) parent so beyond our friendly annual Secret Santa we do each year, I wasn't budgeted for much of anything card/hobby wise over the last half decade.

I shared with our group a certain Felix Hernandez card I had my eyes on recently. It was one that I know I would more than love to have and own, and it was one of those "dream" cards where the dream was even to bring it up to the Mrs. to see if there would be a chance to fund something like a PC card while other (good) family financial priorities are always in line. I had gotten enough courage to make my case to my wife about possibly going after this card, but by that time it had already sold which wasn't surprising.

Last week I was collecting our mail, and noticed I had a package. A VERY unexpected and surprising package...and I'm still in shock, awe, and beyond gratitude for what is now one of the top PC cards I have ever had the chance to have:
2016 Topps Dynasty Felix Hernandez MLB Logoman Patch Autograph 1/1:
yvkKX8Bl.jpg

57bBvlYl.jpg

Dustin, thank you so very much. Your friendship, generosity, and all around positive support those lucky enough to be in your presence have the chance to experience are beyond words. This card will (of course) forever remain in my PC, and this is a beyond great example of a time where the moment of receiving a card and feeling super appreciated greatly overtakes the niceness of the card itself. I am forever grateful, thankful, and in your debt to you. Thank you for our friendship, thank you for the Felix card, thank you for experiencing every day with me and our group chat, and thank you for the positive things you allow life with and around you. Hats off to you Dustin...this is just one story that hints to your amazing character and well being. I'm still at a loss for words even though they keep rambling out.

Thanks for reading everyone, and sharing this amazing experience and PC add!

Alex

Congrats on an awesome card!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I know I said it in out texts but Congrats again and HUGE kudos to Dustin. I love the group and the generosity of this board has never ceased to amaze me.

Thanks Step! Ditto all around, it's amazing the ongoing generosity and care this site and some of our personal connections have grown over time.

Wow, what a card! You've got a good friend in Dustin!

Thank you!

metallicalex777, Congrats on the huge PC add!

Way to go Dustin!! We do have the best group of people at FCB!

Thanks Dazed!

Wow! Awesome! Where has Dustin been?! I see him on Bunt every so often and keep telling him to get his @$$ back here, and you too Alex...and Stepper!

Hahaha, thanks man! We are all around, busy lives for sure and most of us are still on here :)

Amazing card and gesture.

Thank you!

Unreal, thanks!

Congrats on an awesome card!

Hahaha thanks so much Dustin!!!

Fantastic gesture from a fantastic member.

Thanks!

Great job all!

Thanks GT!

Kind of stuff I LOVE to see on this site! Congrats and super great job Dustin!

Thanks Dano, and in addition to Dustin being such a great human being...it is an example of a classic FCB moment!

Congrats, way way awesome.

Thanks Joey!

Holy moley!!! What an awesome gesture. Love it

Thanks Anthony!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Great Card to add to your PC.

Fantastic gesture by Hawk8.

Fordman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buck724

Jul 22, 2010
Dear lord, that’s a beautiful card what an amazing friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk