Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2020 Heritage Real One Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just saw the checklist. I am happy for 3 otherwise very common players. I will likely grab them on ebay once the stuff drops, but if anyone opens any and feels cheated by their autograph hit, let me know.

I will be looking for:

Tommy Dean (Padres)
Al Ferrara (Padres)
Joe Moeller (Dodgers)

Will try for the base and red ink autos, as long as the price remains reasonable.

Where else are you going to get a certified autograph of Tommy Dean, I tell you!? Topps needs to try to get Wes Parker though. He needs a certified auto and he only appeared through 1973 Topps.

As far as the current Dodgers, they went with already overused and currently too pricy (for my taste) guys Buehler, Lux, May & Smith, so probably won't grab any of those unless they drop in price or they are just incredibly awesome looking and are a must have.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yes, that is tough. I'm surprised we didn't see another Kershaw and/or Koufax in this issue too. Great hits if you pull one for sure. Not so great if you want one and need to buy.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I agree. It would be nice to capture as many signatures from the aging stars as possible, while they are still able. Yes, that would potentially hurt resale value, but I'd rather see more people with the opportunity to get one.

The problem is that it is a big $ business now and the players want to be compensated, so with higher costs, comes fewer signatures and better aftermarket value. Prepare to pay up to own the greats or be left out!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Just a tiny bit of purism, I'm OK with no Koufax. He wasn't playing in 1971, so no need to have him in it. I was a little put off by his inclusion in the 2017 and 2018 sets, too. There are ample opportunities to put him into other sets that aren't quite so tied to a particular year. Of course, if I ever pulled one I would not exactly be upset, either.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Koufax. Of course, if I ever pulled one I would not exactly be upset, either.
. Of course, I'd love to pull any high $ hit, even if it was a player I didn't collect or even one I couldn't stand. Money is money and that becomes a perfect flip opportunity to buy something you do like. In my case though, I would be overjoyed to pull a Koufax auto and it would fit perfectly in my collection, whether it belongs in a set or not.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Damn you Topps. This happened, it's no Munson, but still a great card. This definitely qualifies as "incredibly awesome looking" for me, so now I want one. I'll wait though. Most copies are $100+ out of the gate. If he becomes a star, I guess I miss this one.s-l1600.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm surprised they didn't get autos from two very notable 1971 RCs, Ted Simmons and Dave Concepcion. Both would make sense to be in the set, and with Simmons making the HOF it would be even more timely.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Of course, both have been in the Fan favorites/Archives set, with Simmons showing up I believe for the first time just prior to the most recent issue (2018). For the last couple of years, I have been trying to get as many of the /25 versions of the autographs from Archives, but that is the only Simmons I was not able to score that year.

Would have made sense for a Garvey too in this years Heritage!!! And Blyleven, who was just in the Archives set with Simmons in 2018. Foster was a RC, as was Reuss and several others that might have been easy signers to include. Topps missed the boat on this one for sure.

Members online