Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom Card Makers - Questions about cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am hoping to get some feedback from anyone or several folks proficient in making custom cards. The type I am thinking of would be s fairly simple design (image/logo/name and maybe some sort of border, script or other item to jazz it up), perhaps the same design across a run of different players, with some sort of simple text type back. The cards would need a cutout window for a cut signature and would not need anything fancy like holographic foils, refractor material, etc. No offense to Tanner, but I can only assume that stuff would drive up the price significantly.

Once everything is all set up and ready to go (design, formatting, etc), I am trying to get an idea of what a general material cost per card might be and then maybe what someone might charge per card to go a project (adding in the labor for design, printing and assembly)?

I have been gathering cuts, 3x5s, duplicate auto cards and other autographed things with the idea of someday possibly doing a Dodger themed set for those players who either don't have any Dodger cards (other than the small sized and less than exciting 1990 Target set) or died before signing them would have been common. This would mostly be 30s-80s commons. I do not have the skills or knowledge to do something like this, although I should try to learn, as this could entertain me for days on end.

Thank you for your thoughts on this and any info/advice you might be able to share to possibly get me motivated to make this actually happen.

Members online