Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

8% eBay Bucks, No Minimums

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Just received this email, it's been a little while since there's been a promotion.

Earn 8% in eBay Bucks on all qualifying items. No minimum spend.

Expires:Feb 25, 2020 11:59 PM PST

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Got it.

But does anyone have a coupon code that’s still valid?

For cards? About $70 buy?

They seem to be tougher and tougher to find...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't get this one. Sort of relieved, because I was about to go crazy on something. Then I thought to check my backup account, and dang it, I got it, and went crazy on something. Now I need to sell stuff.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Has anyone figured out a pattern for these discounts?

Last week of the month? Early in the week?

I haven't gotten enough of them to decide on a set pattern, but there's with most online marketing, there's usually one there somewhere...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT

I haven't gotten enough of them to decide on a set pattern, but there's with most online marketing, there's usually one there somewhere...

The only thing I've noticed is the last month of the quarter I tend to get more offers. I'm sure the pattern they use is tied to quarterly sales targets, when sales dip off track they probably pump out more offers, when sales are already strong there's no need to give more incentive. That's just my working theory though.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008

I did not get this one, but get most of the ones posted. In general, I rarely get them first month of the quarter and most for me go live Monday’s. So if I win anything Sunday, I just wait until noon Monday to pay in case one pops up. I also agree there tend to be more in last couple weeks of the quarter.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
In general, I rarely get them first month of the quarter and most for me go live Monday’s. So if I win anything Sunday, I just wait until noon Monday to pay in case one pops up.

They screwed me on this once. I had won a very sizable auction over the weekend, contacted the seller to ask if I could pay Wednesday at the latest in case a promo showed up early in the week; which it did...10% eBay bucks. The purchase should have netted me the max $100 in eBay bucks; the payment page even showed that I'd earn "$100 eBay Bucks". But when my bucks certificate was issued, it only credited me with $32 for the purchase. I called customer support and they said that since the auction closed before the promo started, I only earned 1% for the transaction and I was out of luck. They wouldn't even listen to my appeal that I had a screenshot of the payment page showing I would earn $100. Ba$tards!

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
They screwed me on this once. I had won a very sizable auction over the weekend, contacted the seller to ask if I could pay Wednesday at the latest in case a promo showed up early in the week; which it did...10% eBay bucks. The purchase should have netted me the max $100 in eBay bucks; the payment page even showed that I'd earn "$100 eBay Bucks". But when my bucks certificate was issued, it only credited me with $32 for the purchase. I called customer support and they said that since the auction closed before the promo started, I only earned 1% for the transaction and I was out of luck. They wouldn't even listen to my appeal that I had a screenshot of the payment page showing I would earn $100. Ba$tards!

Thats how it has always been for me. It is confusing because it does show you get the ebay bucks, but you actually have to purchase the item during the stated promo dates.

Missed out on this 8%, but have received a few of the 5% bucks which is tough because my tax is now at 7%, its not much savings.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Missed out on this 8%, but have received a few of the 5% bucks which is tough because my tax is now at 7%, its not much savings.

It's getting to the point that I'm going to start contacting reputable sellers on items and seeing if they want to complete the transaction outside of eBay. I see that COMC is now charging tax when you purchase store credit...more government theft.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
It's getting to the point that I'm going to start contacting reputable sellers on items and seeing if they want to complete the transaction outside of eBay. I see that COMC is now charging tax when you purchase store credit...more government theft.
If that's something you're going to do you need to word things extremely carefully including misspellings and so forth as eBay monitors all messages. And you'll have to trust me on this, they key in on certain words like PayPal, direct, as well as phone numbers and email addresses. And you've probably already noticed this but when you go to send a message to someone using the app, at the bottom of the message page it clearly states: "We scan messages to enforce policies. Exchanging contact info may trigger fees." If you do it on the computer it states: "We scan and analyze messages to identify potential fraud and policy violations. Sometimes it will keep us from sending your message, even when there is no intention to commit fraud." They can also suspend you as well. Many people would love to bypass eBay this way for eating everyone's lunch and many have done it and will continue to do so but you just have to do it very discreetly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts