Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

March Night Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm pretty sure that post is gonna get me banned!

Us rebelz should stick together.

cookies-gang

I've got my TP, where da hoes at?

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
Hey Dave, how you doing?

I'm doing ok. Thank you for asking. I've been staying home because I want to. Not because the state asks me too. ;) I go out for a ride in the country once in a while. The traffic around Boston is very light no matter what day of the week. Like it used to be 30 or 40 years ago. Other than that, I've been going through all my cards and sets making sure of what I have and don't have so I can start trading some. I haven't done any trading or have anything to do with my cards in 6 or 7 years. I made myself a simple web site to keep track of them too.

I just forget what day of the week it is all the time. :lol:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
So I finally started playing scrabble online. At the Internet Scrabble Club. And, uh, yeah. I'm not as good as I thought. I knew I'd get beat up pretty good, but I've gotten humbled beyond that. My rating blowzz. Finally won a couple games tonight, but against very low rated players.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
So I finally started playing scrabble online. At the Internet Scrabble Club. And, uh, yeah. I'm not as good as I thought. I knew I'd get beat up pretty good, but I've gotten humbled beyond that. My rating blowzz. Finally won a couple games tonight, but against very low rated players.

Somehow it made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZCZrLlmojg

So where is your rating at on the curve?

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
One of my all time favorite Simpsons clips! I have an uncle who's going bald and he is occasionally known as the kwyjibo.

I just beat a player with 2.5x my rating, so that's a good note to end on for the night. I don't know what my rating means. It was several hundred points higher when i started, but then it dropped rapidly from a series of what looked like glitches. I won most of my games tonight but the rating didn't go up hardly at all, something to do with being a "provisional" member. I haven't read the rules, and am not concerned about my rating at this stage.

Somehow it made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZCZrLlmojg

So where is your rating at on the curve?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ah yeah, it probably is the same ELO system chess ratings use. Provisional ratings are needed before a high sample size or else your opponents rating would matter too much early on. You can lose rating points during provisional, which sometimes is about 20 games. The fact that there is some RNGeebus in a game like Scrabble might mean that game needs a different provisional time.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah probably something very similar. I think I'm getting the hang of it. It's kind of fun because it's a throwback to the 90's internet, and has a very UNIX feel about it. There's a point-and-click GUI, but also a command line interface where you can chat, observe games, and even an help function where you type in "help [topic]". It feels good. No F'in javascript failures, no popup ads, none of that sh!t.

Ah yeah, it probably is the same ELO system chess ratings use. Provisional ratings are needed before a high sample size or else your opponents rating would matter too much early on. You can lose rating points during provisional, which sometimes is about 20 games. The fact that there is some RNGeebus in a game like Scrabble might mean that game needs a different provisional time.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yeah probably something very similar. I think I'm getting the hang of it. It's kind of fun because it's a throwback to the 90's internet, and has a very UNIX feel about it. There's a point-and-click GUI, but also a command line interface where you can chat, observe games, and even an help function where you type in "help [topic]". It feels good. No F'in javascript failures, no popup ads, none of that sh!t.

Oh, and I just won my last 3 games by large margins and my rating more than doubled. Maybe it helps to play when the sun is up rather than late at night after a few pops...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Oh, and I just won my last 3 games by large margins and my rating more than doubled. Maybe it helps to play when the sun is up rather than late at night after a few pops...

Congrats! Sounds like you're demoralizing them, when they run into that screenname next time they will be playing scared. :twisted:
And I too have drank away 100+ rating points in a night, many times.

No F'in javascript failures, no popup ads, none of that sh!t.

Wait, without those ads how will we know who wants to have a party with us?? ;)

my-husband-is-dead-i-dont-want-to-remarry-i-8049909.png

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hoo wee. #cougarlife

I just drank away 24 points. Time to go to bed :)

Congrats! Sounds like you're demoralizing them, when they run into that screenname next time they will be playing scared. :twisted:
And I too have drank away 100+ rating points in a night, many times.

Wait, without those ads how will we know who wants to have a party with us?? ;)

my-husband-is-dead-i-dont-want-to-remarry-i-8049909.png

Members online