Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Thread

bigrsports
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus Thread

So I thought with everything going on maybe there should be an ongoing thread started about this virus. From what I see and read there is some media that are driving this virus to be an epic pandemic that people should absolutely live in fear of to the total opposite end of the spectrum where Dr. Drew and Co. amongst others are saying "shut up media, you don't know what you're talking about" and that this is all being blown waaaay out of proportion. The jury on this virus has just started deliberations so I don't think any of us have any clue as to how it's going to truly play out. So are we overreacting? I don't know. Italy has basically shut down the entire country and news reports by the hour are coming up with all kinds of containment announcements, possible sporting events not allowing fans, businesses putting new practices in place that include working from home and many other precautionary measures as well.

I know personally for me I live in Ohio and work at Cedar Point. We take in International workers from all over the world to work at this park and I have been told that we will not be taking anyone from China and that's all I know as of now. I'm sure there will be other countries that we will not be taking Internationals from if they haven't already been added. So if you guys want to post what's going on near you, the company you work for and steps that they're taking or just your comments in general I thought this might be an interesting read to see how this mountain or molehill plays out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Randy Shields; 03-10-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    Randy
    Randall William Rhoads 1956-1982

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don’t mind the controversial nature of it, there is a CV-19 Virus thread in the “Anything Goes” forum...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand all this hype about Coronavirus. The fatality rate is somewhere around 2% and anyone with normal condition and immune system is easily able to recover. Many countries (including Italy) are completely locked-down. Chill guys, there's nothing to worry about, it's just a normal flu
    Check out amazing Promo codes from your favorite brands

bigrsports
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've thought about this and I've come up with 3 common sense, fundamental rules that I think should be implemented on these boards soley for the health and well-being of our cherished members:

1) If using a computer while on freedomcardboard, PLEASE USE RUBBER GLOVES WHILE TYPING.

2) If using the freedomcardboard mobile app or Tapatalk app and you want to use talk-to-text, PLEASE USE A FACEMASK. (Although IF you do this please double-check your spelling because instead of saying "Oh no, I think I have the coronavirus" it will most likely type out "Hey Joe, I stink now come and find us") That of course would be of no help to anyone here so just be careful there if this method is used.

3) If you think you are having symptoms of this deadly virus, PLEASE QUARANTINE YOURSELF AND DO NOT LOGIN TO THIS WEBSITE FOR A PERIOD OF 14 DAYS. This should include anyone who's thinking of simply lurking as well.

Again, these are just some common sense approaches that I feel we should all consider to STOP any potential spreading of this virus on our beloved boards or to it's members!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Randy
    Randall William Rhoads 1956-1982

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 247couponcodes View Post
    I don't understand all this hype about Coronavirus. The fatality rate is somewhere around 2% and anyone with normal condition and immune system is easily able to recover. Many countries (including Italy) are completely locked-down. Chill guys, there's nothing to worry about, it's just a normal flu
    Fatality rate of the flu is much lower, around .2%, so the mortality rate may be 10 times higher for the Wuhan Virus. Plus, Wuhan seems to spread much more efficiently. So if more people catch it, more high risk people could be in serious danger.

The reason Italy is locked down is because their hospitals are overwhelmed and they do not have emergency equipment to treat everyone experiencing respiratory failure. It may be because of Italy's aging population or a more dangerous strain, we just don't know. At this point, it's smart to play it safe.
    Thanks to MOFNY for finally getting me motivated to start a website:

www.supercollectorcatalog.com

Here is a link to the cameo section:

https://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/cameo-index.html

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are locked in a large room with 99 other people. Someone comes in and says 2 of you are going to DIE! Well now that would be a different story now won't it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are locked in a large room with 99 other people. Someone comes in and says 2 of you are going to DIE! Well now that would be a different story now won't it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this from another internet troll. Bravo !
    I'm Dave ! Dave's not here man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In China, there is a large crowding of the population, so everything is so stormy.
    We already have cases of the disease, but I donít think there will be a lot of them.
    arvi,Coronavirus , flu, all the same, in principle, flows with the same symptoms. Until they sow, they donít understand who is there.
    No need to read the news to disturbing people.
    Last edited by Sportegan; 03-16-2020 at 08:05 AM.

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else thinking about buying a full face respirator? Could be handy to have if things get nasty over the next 3-4 weeks and they are only $45 or so.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 people with 2 posts posting on the Corona virus. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    2 people with 2 posts posting on the Corona virus. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    I guess there is plenty of yuan to spread around Chinese propaganda.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gun shop by me has about 200 people lined up outside, cars and trucks double parked on both sides of the road. scary looking.

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many will die because of this?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast