Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Convert from 1-Touch to Toploaders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Several requests for the 1-touch holders, I'll divide them up evenly between the requests.

When my top loaders arrive and I start my project, I'll PM everyone interested and then let them know how much the postage would be based on your mailing address. I'm going to check with the post office to see if they still have the 'all you can stuff in a certain size box' for one price that they used to have a few years ago. If they do, I'll probably ship them out that way due to the weight of the 1-touch holders.

Fordman

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I wouldn't mind being in on the standard-sized one-touches. :) As they're housing your personal collection, I'm guessing they're mostly clean of scuffs like tends to happen traveling show to show.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Alright Folks, I have about 175 - 35pt 1-Touch holders ready to ship. PM your address and I'll get them out to you. I have about 1000 35pt to go then I'm working on the thicker cards. I'll let you know when I mail them out.

Fordman

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The 1st 200 35pt 1-Touch holders are on their way. The easiest way to ship them is in the Priority mail boxes ($15.05ea). By the time I buy a box, tape and stuffing, I wouldn't save you anything by shipping it 1st class ground. Priority Mail, they give you all the supplies, $50 insurance and tracking number.

Round 2 going out tomorrow.

Fordman

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Wow...was that 200 in a single box? Never guessed at how many a priority box would hold. It's like one of those jars filled with marbles guessing game...haha!

barongan

Aug 6, 2018
I would look at it from the point of protection. The magnetic holders provide the most safety. I feel it is easier to make space if needed.

If you are looking to find middle ground, I agree with keeping the lower-end card in top loaders. I keep my team sets and Paul O'Neill cards in binders. Otherwise, I would need thousands of top loaders as well, plus it is easier to flip through the cards in binders.

I recently learned that they also sell toploader binder pages where you can hold 4/6 cards per page and keep them in an album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_CIc0xVoc

This is pricey, I'm sure there are cheaper options too. They have 4 pocket UltraPro pages you can probably fit top loaders inside them. I have thought about moving my 50s/60s cards into such binders.

I keep my high-end (>$100 value) and single autographs in a shoe box where I prefer the one-touch holders as well.

Nice
o.png

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Project coming along. I decided to leave my thick cards, 130pt and above in their 1-touch holders. They're not taking up too much room as I have less than 100 or so 130pt -360pts.

I sent out all the 1-Touch holders for those that paid the freight. Check your PM's for tracking numbers as some have already been delivered.

I have another 300 or so ready to ship if any one wants them, just pay the freight, $15.05 Priority Mail per 100ct box. Mostly 35pt, 55pt and some 100pt & 130pt.
PM me your info and I'll get them out to you.

Those that received their boxes, let me know if you were able to have a chance to inspect and make everything arrived in good condition and as described.

Fordman

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Those that received their boxes, let me know if you were able to have a chance to inspect and make everything arrived in good condition and as described.

Should be able to check them out in about an hour when I get home from work. Then...perhaps I'll do some PC card holder swapping! :D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I would look at it from the point of protection. The magnetic holders provide the most safety. I feel it is easier to make space if needed.

Curious why you feel the magnetic holders provide more safety than toploaders? I've had loads of issues with the magnetic holders over the years (they open relatively easy and crack when dropped) but don't recall ever having one with a toploader. I find that the latter balances the strength to keep the card safe with the give to handle being dropped etc.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Got my box this evening. Wow! Excellent condition! Interesting how you’ve labeled your collection. You’re your own COMC! Lol
Thank you again!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Got my box this evening. Wow! Excellent condition! Interesting how you’ve labeled your collection. You’re your own COMC! Lol
Thank you again!

I made labels with my Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo.
Yes, I made the labels plus a barcode to scan each one into my inventory that way I know what/where they are.
I convert the inventory in to spreadsheet and post it to my google drive that way if I'm out and about, run across something, I have my spreadsheet to check it.
I also keep a printed copy with me in the truck too in case signal for phone is bad.
Went this route because I was starting to duplicate buy cards I only wanted 1 of. SO I had to start tracking what I bought. I just ran out of room with 1-Touch holders.
You can use Google Forms to make a spreadsheet of what you have. Make the Form ask any question with any type of answer and when answered, it will convert your answers in to a spreadsheet for you. Then you can edit the spreadsheet. I don't put value or what I paid for any of my cards in to the spreadsheet as this is a hobby for me and I don't care about the value(s) of the cards.

Fordman

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I use Google Sheets myself...for the same reason; it's a portable spreadsheet that I can look at when I'm away from the home computer.
Nothing more frustrating than buying a card that you swore you didn't have, only to find out you DID have it already. :)

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
My project is coming to a close. I've emptied out about 1000 1-touch holders, mailed a lot of them out to FCB users, gave some away to local collectors and have a few left I'm going to hang on to just In case I run across a special card that needs a 1-touch.

Those that have received 1-Touch's from me, PM me if there are any issues. If not, hopefully they'll make your collection better!

I have a ton more space now that I switched my collection out to top loaders. I'm working on my file box now to match the rest of my card room decor, I'll take pics of before and after when I'm done.

Fordman

Members online