Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****GOOD THURSDAY MORNING***** 3/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Morning all

Good morning, how is everyone coping?

Crazily enough, since I guess “making” water makes me an essential employee, so far, nothing’s really changed for me besides my wife working from home every day, I guess I’m lucky in that aspect. A guy I work with’s wife has a daycare which got shut down, so now he’s scrambling to pick up as many shifts as possible, I couldn’t imagine...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

Actually I’m working on my day off since my assistant, who’s only been here two weeks, can’t make it in. I just wish they would let me do my own hiring. It’s the third time since Christmas they’ve hired someone and I’ve had no input, third time it’s not “worked out” well...

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Morning all!

Actually I’m working on my day off since my assistant, who’s only been here two weeks, can’t make it in. I just wish they would let me do my own hiring. It’s the third time since Christmas they’ve hired someone and I’ve had no input, third time it’s not “worked out” well...

Ah......managers who can't manage. Worse case scenario for an employee!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Managed every job i've had -only 6 jobs in almost 50 years - fired ONE .Not bad for someone that didn't go to college --- had three grad's working for me once . Worked two jobs same time managed both shifts one was 3 or 4 nights a week . My future dentist worked for me for summer job . Funny how next manager didn't last long after i left or place closed / sold out . One owner i worked for 40 plus years ago now has a new business and has called me several times RECENT !!!! Don't miss 100 phone calls a day

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Managed every job i've had -only 6 jobs in almost 50 years - fired ONE .Not bad for someone that didn't go to college --- had three grad's working for me once . Worked two jobs same time managed both shifts one was 3 or 4 nights a week . My future dentist worked for me for summer job . Funny how next manager didn't last long after i left or place closed / sold out . One owner i worked for 40 plus years ago now has a new business and has called me several times RECENT !!!! Don't miss 100 phone calls a day

Education is NOT the thing that makes a good manager, it's people skills, caring, holding others accountable, etc.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
joke around here IF locals attended local college -------------- not worth xxxx ----most used to be other states rich kids and parent bought their degree . Now the community college has great reviews .

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Things are pretty normal for me, other than my son being out of school until April 28th!

My wife has been full time work from home for a few years, and she works in the technical side of the medical field, so she's been super busy.

I work for Amazon Web Services (AWS - you know, the company that provides Statcast data), so I can work from anywhere with an Internet connection. I had worked from home a few days a week anyway, so this isn't that different.

I went out to a local burger place last night to get some dinner to go. It's near our local light rail stop, so I was able to see a train go by. SIX people were on board. At that time of day, it would normally be 90% full.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Jayme is out of school for 2 weeks. Sounds like they will be taking it on a week by week basis right now. She went in Tuesday and got all of her lessons for this current week and next week done to send home to the students. I'm still at work, but there's a chance that I might get asked to work from home next week. Most of my work can be done through email.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Afternoon all! 75 and rainy today, it drops to 28 tonight. Two seasons in one day.

I am an insurance agent with no staff currently. So the only changes I've seen is trying to have customers take care of business over the phone or by email / text. The odd part is older people want to do business face to face. So most of my office traffic is from people that should probably be staying at home.

Other than that I get coffee once or twice a day at Quik Trip. Went this morning and they have shut down all of there self serve coffee, tea & soda fountains. So, I need to run home and make a pot of coffee.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Evening all!

Looks like tomorrow will be our last day of business for a while. PA under lock down starting at 8PM...

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
TP plant i worked at loaded a trailer and it got stolen 20,000 pounds of TP --- found . I've retired three years and when i so the load i knew where it was going . Not stole on our yard . Plant is strict on paper work before truck pulls into dock . That's good for loader - he's one of the better ones . Manager has to OK to load

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts