Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newfield Sports Pages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
This is a multi-sport oversized mail order issue from the mid 1990s that has various subsets and covers all sports. These were released yearly from 1989 through 1996, but the variations can be difficult to catalog since the catalog numbering system seemed to change over time and the copyrights were updated inconsistently. On my checklist, here is how I identify the variations.

The year is the copyright date associated with Newfield Publications, not the photographer. The description includes several pieces of information starting with the name of the subset and followed by the cataloging number. This number is on the back in the lower right corner, it has six digits with a dash separating the first four and last two numbers. From 1989-1994,the six digit cataloging number started with a "5", but somewhere in 1994 or 1995 they started using a "0" instead.
In 1993, they started putting a two digit year underneath the cataloging number, so you will see (93), (94), (95), or (96) and for some unknown reason, a few items have a five character string like this (J2055), rather than the year. Strange.
After the catalog numbers, I put the title of the card and finally I'll list any variations that are included like different stats, pictures, design or corrected errors. Occasionally, you will see a sheet with the Sports Page logo in the corner on the front, I think these may be promos, but I have not confirmed that yet.

The Master List is up to 800+, but I there are certainly more to find.

http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/1989-96-newfield-sports-pages---master-list.html

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Good god, 800+. I have 3 albums full I think. Nothing like the 15+ albums of Sports Facts though!!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Cool! Thanks for posting this. I added the Alomar to my checklist...another one to hunt for :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Alomar has one from 1994 and 1996 as well. The Champions and Record Holder subset is the easiest to ID as they were updated every year with the latest stats, even though the copyright year and numbering would sometimes stay the same.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Awesome, thanks so much for sharing the picture. Is anyone selling one of these? Any chance that ones available to buy tpeichel?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Of course! The only way to document all of these variations is to get the items in hand, so I've bought a bunch of albums and it would be good to start recouping some of the investment. My Puckett list should be up to date.

http://www.supercollectorcatalog.com/puckett-kirby.html

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Good god, 800+. I have 3 albums full I think. Nothing like the 15+ albums of Sports Facts though!!

Yes, the Sports Heroes Facts Master set is 3300+ and I have some new ones coming in that we've never seen before!

Members online