Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dr. Acuna - 2019 Topps Chrome Orange Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Hello My Quarantined Friends -

My pops pulled a redemption for this one last year-ish. Got it in, determined it was not worth grading due to the corner ding, and listed it accordingly. Ended up selling it to a guy at the National for $1,000. It was at the after hours trade party next door, I want to say he was a local guy from Chicago and I wouldn't know BigBoyd if he bit me in the face. The guy I sold the card to seemed like he was on the up and up, and we had developed a pretty good rapport and traded a few other lower end card in the $50 range before he bought this one from my dad.

https://imgur.com/a/MC2tsOz

It's sort of hard to see in the pic, but this card had a clear corner ding that prevented me from submitting it, to the point where I made it a point to take a zoomed in pic of that corner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RONALD-ACU...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

BigBoyd sold this same card (no corner ding) in a BGS 9.5 slab for $2,700.00. If someone has trimmed / doctored / recolored the card, BGS can't tell the difference and did a disservice to whoever submitted that card for impartial grading.
[MENTION=1727]ThoseBackPages[/MENTION]

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
With what has been reported on this and other forums, I'm 100% for sure glad I don't buy or grade cards. I believe I know who BigBoyd is as he lives locally to me but I couldn't say for sure. If he's the guy i believe him to be, I'm not sure he's a trimmer, he's a flipper. He doesn't hold on to cards really that long to have them trimmed. He's all about the $$$$ quick flip and probably wouldn't wait for PSA or BGS to return cards. He watches the market like a hawk and if he see's price fluctuations that wouldn't be worth his time. he's not going to wait out PSA or BGS. Again, not 100% sure but I'm 90% sure I know who he is.

Fordman

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
BigBoyd is a consignor, so there's no way to be sure they as an ebay seller know anything about the history of this card. But for sure that card had the whole grid line taken off the edge there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts