Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Project Topps 2020...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The new Topps Project 2020 released its first two cards today.

Not a big art guy do I never heard of the first two Artists.

The Ichiro redo looks kinda cool I guess.

And $20 seems reasonable to me.

I may not love the product itself, or at least the first two, but cool idea IMO...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Two more released today.

That Ripken “faceless” ‘82T is straight up creepy.

I did see a preview of the ‘80 Rickey. It’s pretty much like the original but not exciting enough for me to pick up...

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Not a fan of the Rivera.

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTcxNDAwOTIyMDMzODI1NDU5%2Fsophiachang-marianorivera.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
For those like me who had to look them up...

https://www.topps.com/cards-collectibles/online-brands/project-2020.html

I forget about stuff like this that is reoccurring and time sensitive. If they happen to do a Garvey, would someone who is watching this closely please alert me in time to buy one?

I guess it depends on how they look, but I would probably buy a Garvey for the novelty. They are cool in a way. I enjoyed the Gummy Art cards too, but I don't think the Garvey's I have seen were actually sold in quantity, if at all.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Now I'm not sure I could stomach $100 for one numbered to 20 though. I'm sure there will be autos and other stuff coming soon enough too.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm officially into Project 2020 now. Just bought the two current pairs on offer and three singles off ebay. I really didn't like the first few, especially the J-Rob or Koufax, but I'm really finding this project intriguing as more come out. And of course the first two cards are gone from ebay except for the people trying to get $hundreds. Anyone got an Ichiro or Koufax for sale at a reasonable price?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
My personal feelings.
Great idea, horrible execution.

Ichiro, Koufax, Jackie look ok but to me, seem like basic insert cards.

The Trout is off the charts hideous.

Cal is straight up dumb while griffey and Mo are too busy.

The Mo would be totally awesome if it was less wordy as it's cool he made a yankee uniform out of his street clothes.

Gibson looks exactly like an Archives or heritage type insert.

Ted is just awful.

Roberto would have been nice if, you know, the rest of his face was shown.

The Brett looks like what happens to my TV reception when it rains too hard out.

I actually like the Gooden and to me, THAT'S how this concept should go.

The Donnie? Well let's just say I sent it to all my friends who collect cards, are Donnie fans etc and everyone thought it was horrible.

The Henderson is just boring.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online